Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm ordering my fist f7 and would like more info on the snopro option.will it ride like rock?is the sno pro geared and clutched the same as a std.?what kind of topend will i see with a 1 3/8 paddle?are there any other features this option offers?any info would be great. thanks. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have found the sno-pro shocks are stiff, but not too stiff for overall comfort. Stiff is the x-link that comes on the race sleds. All you need to do is adjust the spring tension in the rear skid for a softer ride. I have the sno-pro track and this thing is awesome!!! You will get a little more track noise, but it is well worth the extra $$$$ for the track and shocks. You also have to consider the price difference between the f6 and f7. If the difference is only 400-500 bucks, it's worth it to get the f7. If you plan to race, you may want to lean toward the f6......you can enter more categories and get more wins!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
depends on your riding style.

I have a F7 Snopro and I admit it rides hard. To me, the front end seems overly stiff, and the rear will rebound or buck on certain bumps. If I had it to do over, I think I would still get the Snopro for the 1.375" track (I love it), but would revalve the shocks from the start. The deep lug track is great for holeshots and deep snow, but probably does cut topend quite a bit. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Rob, are you saying you would revalve them a little softer??? Just curious.... ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, softer on the front ifs shocks, and for the tunnel shocks I would change the valving so that there would be much less rebound.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 17 2003, 07:14 AM
Yes, softer on the front ifs shocks, and for the tunnel shocks I would change the valving so that there would be much less rebound.
For less rebound in the rear of the sled, how would you revalve them, softer or firmer?

I was bucked off last week and am curious on how to revalve for next season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by fast 600+Mar 17 2003, 09:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Mar 17 2003, 07:14 AM
For less rebound in the rear of the sled, how would you revalve them, softer or firmer?

I was bucked off last week and am curious on how to revalve for next season. [/b]
well I'm no shock expert, but I know there are seperate calibrations for compression and rebound. Imo, the snopro shocks need less compression and more rebound damping. The only downside to that sort of valving is that the suspension is less able to adjust for and absorb a series of fast hits, which would leave the suspention partially compressed. But it certainly would greatly reduce the "bucking bronco" effect of the present setup. If there are shock revalving experts out there I'd like to hear suggestions from you.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
There have been a lot of posts about the sno-pro shocks. Some say they are too stiff while others say too soft. I think it depends on riding style and personal preference. Mine is almost perfect for my riding preference. I think I will stiffen the front a few turns and possibly shorten the limiter strap a bit to give me a little more handling in the turns.

LOVE the track!!

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by avrg.joe@Mar 17 2003, 11:29 AM
There have been a lot of posts about the sno-pro shocks. Some say they are too stiff while others say too soft. I think it depends on riding style and personal preference. Mine is almost perfect for my riding preference. I think I will stiffen the front a few turns and possibly shorten the limiter strap a bit to give me a little more handling in the turns.

LOVE the track!!
I agree with Joe, Mine was too soft and Robs was too hard? I guess it comes down to driving style and type of trails. I drive on only ugroomed trails and love to jump most of the time. I love a sled that will take the bumps all day. I also don't sit much on the seat. I have the F5 Snopro and got the 20% stiffer valving and springs. And I love it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for the info,this site is great.can anyone tell me if the sno pro is clutched and geared the same as a std.?is the sway bar the same.some say the sway bar is soft for less bump steer in bumps but causes alot of ski lift on trails is this true?i did ride behind a f5 last weekend and his inside ski was in the air on turns where mine wasn't at all.any more info would be great,thanks :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the sno pro and found the shocks to be extremely stiff. We ride a lot of ungroomed trails and got tired of standing all the time. When I did sit, I got bucked off the seat. I revalved my front skid shock and it made all the difference in the world. I softend the compression and left the rebound the same. The sno pro doesn't rebound too quick, it just doesn't compress enough. I do find it bottoming easier on 6' jumps now though. I think a lighter spring would be a better option. The sno pro is 160lb/inch. Some of you guys should try a 140lb/ inch spring for the front skid shock. It makes a huge difference. Oh yea, I still have the stock spring.
As far as the track, you can't beat it in a straight line, but I'm not sure about the cornering. I can't get the back end to break loose in the corners and it feels like I'm riding on asphault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts