Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
is the adhesive high temp? If not it would melt then cool over and over and wouldnt be sticky any more. Just on the pipe and manifold, because the reflective part is away from the heat. If it doesnt work I guess you could always wrap the ball. That would work.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
And I was gonna say that it should work this way.Probably better than wrapping the ball completely.This way he's protecting the ball from the heat source while still allowing the ball to get the airflow to help cool it down.If it was wrapped it may hold the heat and melt faster?!Like Duke1n's ?Seems to be just happening to the steep and deep guys where there WOT all day long,not us flatlanders :blink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a whole day of boondocking and hill climbing today, I am happy to report that the ball has maintained it's original shape with no indications of melting.

I had no intention of the glue on the insulation doing anything more than holding the pieces in place while I installed the pipe. If the glue melts, it melts. The spring tension on the ball should be enough to hold it in place once it's takes a "set".

So far, it seems to be working as I'd hoped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts