Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is something I've been thinking about for a while now.. During the off season traffic drops dramatically, and I'd like to keep as many here as possible, so I have added forums for the "other" brands, hehe :lol: I know some will not like this move, but others have reminded me that not all "hardcoresledders" ride Cat. This site will always remain primarily a Firecat site, but let's give this a chance, at least through the slow summer months. If there is too much conflict and/or traffic, I'll delete the extra forums in the fall.

What do you guys think? :ph34r:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Great Idea Rob. I have no problems with people that ride other brands. Just have to hope that the bashing AC vs Ski-Doo doesn't take over, if people want to do that they can go to another site.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Overall quantity will go up...Overall quality will go down. Depends on your ultimate objective. Guys pop in and check out maxsled, amsnow, etc...Guys were living on HCS last winter...as you dilute the product you will lose hardcore interest. Marc

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 27 2003, 06:07 AM
Well, this is something I've been thinking about for a while now.. During the off season traffic drops dramatically, and I'd like to keep as many here as possible, so I have added forums for the "other" brands, hehe :lol: I know some will not like this move, but others have reminded me that not all "hardcoresledders" ride Cat. This site will always remain primarily a Firecat site, but let's give this a chance, at least through the slow summer months. If there is too much conflict and/or traffic, I'll delete the extra forums in the fall.

Rob, the extra forums will not hurt this site in my opinion. The only thing that will is the behaviour that other sites have. the bashing, the childish things. If all members continue acting like adults, we should be good. If we are adding extra forums, I would like to see a jeep, because when the snow is gone, We ride the same mountain trials in the summer in our jeeps that we do in the winter on our sleds.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Excellent idea!! Serious sledders regardless of brand respect all makes and like to keep up to date on problems and fixes for all. Bashers don't count anyway.

·
Registered
244 Posts
All brands make good and bad sleds,with more people united we have a stronger voice to all the manufacters not just cat. Hopefully they will hear what some of the riders around the world want and need out of a expensive toy. UNITIED WE STAND , DIVIDE WE FALL. just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Great, now I might be able to figure out how to get my Polaris 700 to run with the F7? :p

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Mar 27 2003, 08:37 AM
Overall quantity will go up...Overall quality will go down. Depends on your ultimate objective. Guys pop in and check out maxsled, amsnow, etc...Guys were living on HCS last winter...as you dilute the product you will lose hardcore interest. Marc
Sorry Rob, but I agree with Marc.

Being different is what set this site apart, adding all of these other forums are just making it more and more like Maxsled, SnowmobileWorld, etc. Wish you kept it just Firecats, but I respect your opinion.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by Jay@Mar 27 2003, 11:38 AM
Sorry Rob, but I agree with Marc. 
I kind of agree with Marc and Jay too.

On that note, hopefully those of us on the FireCat side of things will not be tempted to wander into the other forums and start any bashing.
Once it starts, the whole thing goes down the toilet very fast.

I like Cats and could hardly care less for any of the other sleds, but that doesn't make them junk, and it doesn't mean that their forum is any less important to them.

Let's do our part so the gloves don't have to come off.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well i kind of sucks but at the same time... i might not be on a firecat for life either and i love the site.......

but it would be hard to stay out of the other forums and calling there bluff or bs, LOL.......

almost seems like work now, looking in and out of soooooo many forums

·
Registered
369 Posts
I also agree with Marc....I think the site may go down a road all of us dedicated firecat owners don't want to see!!!! :ph34r: :(

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Mar 27 2003, 07:07 AM

Try it out if go's stupid just stop it. Listen I may go T 660 turbo maybe you can get something going on that sled I will be making my mind up whether to go F7 SP Night Fire or the Turbo on Friday the 4th. BTW Rob this site has really been a great source of info and fun, thanks for all the work you have put into it.

Vince

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i say to stay ac only. the only other sled i would ever possibly go with would be a rev. there is already a site for that. i also tend to agree that more possible bashing could go on with too many other potential wise guys. ultimately though, i too respect your call Rob. thank you once again!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Adding more forums ain't such a bad idea, just keep this one for the purists. Hope it doesn't turn into t.c. dot com!!!! Not bashing, but it tends to wander. This site is very,very good and has influenced my buying decisions!!Thanks Rob for this site and I hope it grows in a good way!! BTW, F6 standard Team Arctic. :D :D :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure how to react. Even though I do not own a Firecat ... Yet ... I wanted to stay informed. Eventually I will replace the Sno-Pro and I am leaning twords a Firecat.

The appeal of this site was it's limited forums. There was no reason for the "Bashers" from the other sites to register here. I hope this doesn't turn into "Amsnow II".

Maybe you would consider a small fee for the Arctic Cat/Firecat Section. Most of the bashers will not pay if they know that there is nothing on a pay side for them. Or, just active deletion of posts ... that will discourage them ... hopefully.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is my first time to post here on HCS. I have been watching this form on and off this season as I am interested in all sleds in general and the Fire Cat in peticular. Amsnow has different forms and is has not been much of a problem. I believe the key is to ignore the jerks and idiots. If they don't get a response they will go else where(seems most have ended up on TC). By my handle you can guess I ride Poo but I am interested in the F Cat and this form has been valuable in getting a handle on how the F Cat in performing. If the standards are kept high I think you can have Quantity as well as Quality in the forms. Thanks for letting me add my .02.
"XCR"Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts