Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a laptop bag, just sitting there for now. I'm going to make a simple flat plastic plate{ lots of plastic choices from McMaster Carr}, bolted with 1/4 bolts to the tunnel with plastic uprights at the tunnel outer corners just high enough to clear the hose cover. At the bumper I'll first try hd tie straps through a hole in the plate and then around the bumper. The plastic plate will be trimmed to match the bumpers curve, and also have the center trimed away at the bumper to be able to get your hand on the bumper for lifting and tie down purpose's

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 15 2005, 12:42 PM
This is a laptop bag, just sitting there for now.  I'm going to make  a simple flat plastic plate{ lots of plastic choices from McMaster Carr}, bolted with 1/4 bolts to the tunnel with plastic uprights at the tunnel outer corners just high enough to clear the hose cover. At the bumper I'll first try  hd tie straps through a hole in the plate and then around the bumper. The plastic plate will be trimmed to match the bumpers curve, and also have the center trimed away at the bumper to be able to get your hand on the bumper for lifting and tie down purpose's
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931453
[/quote]

good idea but i would keep light items in there......like some spare undies & sox :div20:

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Oct 15 2005, 11:45 AM
good idea but i would keep light items in there......like some spare undies & sox :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931458
[/quote]
undies? naa. but you got the right idea,spare gloves,sweat rag,shirt if the day gets warm or starts warm and will be needed later, spare balaclava, like you said, light stuff :div20:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 15 2005, 12:49 PM
undies? naa.  but you got the right idea,spare gloves,sweat rag,shirt if the day gets warm or starts warm and will be needed later, spare balaclava, like you said, light stuff :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931462
[/quote]
haven't you been reading the crap in the woods post on the main board ?????you need some spare grundys man............. :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900ryder@Oct 15 2005, 03:38 PM
haven't you been reading the crap in the woods post on the main board ?????you need some spare grundys man............. :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931723
[/quote]

ha ha ha muddy undies

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dave, Have you thought of just carrying a backpack? A few weeks back I bought an all black Jansport backpack for $15 at Sam's... I've been thinking about going back for another one because the one I bought works really well... So far I've used it as a flightbag, computer bag, overnighter, etc.

I'd like to get a higher quality one for everyday commuting to the city with my laptop, but was thinking on dedicating one Jansport to a flightbag and the other to "activity" based use (biking, snowmobiling, etc)... I haven't tried with my coat on, but black matches black and the bag is actually comfy and easy to get on and off with good nylon harware to tighten and loosen the straps.

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wore a backpack on the bike for years. Don't think it would be comfortable for me on the sled.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The problem with a backpack while on a sled is sweat. Basically your clothes/jacket won't be able to breath and your back will get soaking wet, eventually that equals COLD!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Things in the laptop bag are gonna get drenched... It's sitting right on top of the cooler so the snow will stick to it and permeate it. Even if you coat the nylon with some good camp-dry or some other waterproofer, the zipper isn't waterproof...

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Matt@Oct 19 2005, 01:00 PM
Things in the laptop bag are gonna get drenched...  It's sitting right on top of the cooler so the snow will stick to it and permeate it.  Even if you coat the nylon with some good camp-dry or some other waterproofer, the zipper isn't waterproof...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940579
[/quote]

plastic inner liner, made by Glad bags :beerchug:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I picked up a tank bag, not a ton of room, but enough to get a few things in to take along. And it looks good too! :div20:

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just ordered this from Dennis Kirk, part # 50-5878

1 - 12 of 12 Posts