Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished painting my side panels this afternoon,colored matched to the color of my hood,will be adding flames to them once the paint cures,this along with crome a-arms and billet wheels this sled should look pretty sick once I get it all back together. :div20:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Looks good. I hope you have a TON of flex agent in there.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
billet wheel looks awesome!

·
Registered
467 Posts
The paint will stick fine if he prepped it right and used enough flex agent. Keep in mind that virtually all new cars on the road today have bumper covers made of the same material. Those urethane covers are painted just like his side panels and they hold up to road chips better than the paint on the sheetmetal. :div20:

I just want to know how much work it was to sand down and level the texture in the plastic, since it looks glass smooth now. :Wow1:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
did u sand down the panels to get them to shine or is that paint wet

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by ten_39@Sep 26 2005, 01:47 PM
The paint will stick fine if he prepped it right and used enough flex agent.  Keep in mind that virtually all new cars on the road today have bumper covers made of the same material.  Those urethane covers are painted just like his side panels and they hold up to road chips better than the paint on the sheetmetal. :div20:

I just want to know how much work it was to sand down and level the texture in the plastic, since it looks glass smooth now. :Wow1:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=893499
[/quote]
I applied a sealer to it first,then wet sanded that to get the smooth look,then painted,wet sand again,and then finished with another light coat of paint,I payed special attention to the prepping of these panels,the right flex agent and all,I can bend these and the paint won't crack :div20:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts