Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is so nice to be told you are wrong and do not know the full story.

I got a call today, after which I had a warm fuzzy feeling all day long. Sounds like Moose Mt is in good hands. DRED is very much involved and Snowmobilers are going to be well taken care of.

Also on a positive note the person who shot down my dreams of a new trail without even any consideration is no longer with the Forest Society. I was told today that snowmobile trails will be looked at on a case by case base and the restriction may be waved if conditions are right and they are not needed. However this does not mean I will get the trail I want, but it does sound like I will get a chance to show that this trail will not harm the forest society or it’s abutters. That all I ever asked. Life is good.

Some where over the last ten years I became convinced that multi-use on any conservation land no matter who manages the land was a thing of the past. If by some chance after a long (years) process you got permission it was so restricted you still felt like you still failed.

Well as of today (right now) I believe and I want to help. I believe if half of what I hear today Moose Mt. comes to past all snowmobile clubs will want to help.

Mike the trail guy

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Originally posted by trail-guy@Aug 26 2005, 07:35 PM
It is so nice to be told you are wrong and do not know the full story.

I got a call today, after which I had a warm fuzzy feeling all day long. Sounds like Moose Mt is in good hands. DRED is very much involved and Snowmobilers are going to be well taken care of.

Also on a positive note the person who shot down my dreams of a new trail without even any consideration is no longer with the Forest Society. I was told today that snowmobile trails will be looked at on a case by case base and the restriction may be waved if conditions are right and they are not needed. However this does not mean I will get the trail I want, but it does sound like I will get a chance to show that this trail will not harm the forest society or it’s abutters. That all I ever asked. Life is good.

Some where over the last ten years I became convinced that multi-use on any conservation land no matter who manages the land was a thing of the past. If by some chance after a long (years) process you got permission it was so restricted you still felt like you still failed.

Well as of today (right now) I believe and I want to help. I believe if half of what I hear today Moose Mt. comes to past all snowmobile clubs will want to help.

Mike the trail guy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849149
[/quote]

Ah ha! I was thinking the Forest owned land decisions depended on who you talk to, and how you went about your pitch. Glad to see I was somewhat right!

Please elaborate on what is going on at Moose mt.

BAC, Moose Mountain is in Brookfield NH, and was once a ski area. It is mostly a wild area, with many access roads all installed. My hat is off to Trail Guy!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do not know if all is definite but sounds like DRED is going to be a major player and snowmobile will be well taken care of on moose trail and those trails are on evergreen valley trail system.

The trail I was try for two years ago and was completely shot down on Powder mill trail system in going to be revisited. This trail will be an alternite to the main trail and avoid the center of town. Wish me luck because this will make our system a lot better and more long term maybe

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the total protected area should be over 4000 acreas and sounds like outdoor recatation may be one of the main uses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts