Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I dropped south from Quebec and rode into Moose Lodge, Moose Valley, New Brunswick.

Reason I bring this up is that I would think maybe this might be an easy day trip from the top of the County. Lodge is really nice, great food, premium gas (cash only).

We then looped south down to Edmunston, NB and back north to Quebec. Bottom line, only about 65 miles from Edmunston to Moose Lodge. Edmunston is just across the border from Madawaska. Never hear of Mainer's doing this trip. Snow in NB is low but more than adequate. Never hit a bump on their trails.

mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark. It was only 125 miles from RDL. The last 40 miles into the lodge was high in the mountains and probably the most epic trail I have ever ridden. The 900 ACE was panting trying to keep up with my buddy's 850 XRS through those last 40 miles. 270 miles for the day and zero bumps. Met only about 8 sleds on the trail all day.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly from QC to Moose Lodge is Moose's Lodge's private trail and groomed by them. No one is buying passes and no one has been checked. We bought a day pass to do the rest of loop thru NB. $40 Canadian.

mike

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
That is our plan in a few weeks during our stay on Long Lake. Looks like a cool destination for lunch!

·
Registered
35 Posts
passes

we were stopped right at the Moose valley driveway last year DNR was there checking for NB passes,just a heads up.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up on trail passes. I wouldn't chance it coming from Maine for sure.

We thought the food there was excellent. Should make a nice ride from Maine.

Unfortunately the scenery from the Maine border to lodge probably isn't that good. But trails are uncrowded and really smooth. If you have the time, there is a loop trail that goes north of the lodge, I am guessing 20 miles up and same coming down. It is epic and very high elevation! I believe that section is in NB.

mike

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike by chance do you know the trail number hoping to head there on Monday
Sorry, We looked at the map and headed out, but don't now remember the trail numbers. When you buy your day pass, they will probably have a map, or look the map up on internet and write down what you need. Wish I could be more help. Be sure to find time to do the small northern loop above the lodge. As I recall the loop is all in NB and best I remember the epic trail was on the NB side, although miles of epic was also on the Quebec side.

mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts