Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ahve a 2004 f7 carb. I want to deck it out. Besides an f8 or f9 kit what can I get for my sled to make it smoke anything around? Money is no object. Anything you can think of, besides f8 and f9 kits? I would like to somehow get 160-170 hp if possible?

Thank you

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight thank. Anyone else know any mods? I'd like to see 160-170 hp. out of my f7 carb. Besides f8 or f9 kit.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
A D.D 757 big bore , sure to put a smile on your face and fasttt. A single or twin and off you go .Will in to the 160`s .......can you say a F-8`s worst
nightmare......and will pull like a motherF##### :banana: can`t say too much too many guy`s I know watching the screens......
Cape Breton Stock................. :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
15 might be on the high side unless you jetted her really lean and you don't want to be doing that... nightfireboy has the right idea thou!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check for mods from slp,psi performance,black magic racing,dd racing, They all have catalogs online(black magic and psi are from 2003 but they had a few things for them)Check it out

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
well if you added up all the claimed HP of the things i listed it would be awesome, but when used in conjuction with eachother it wont be too much, damnit why cant it be now im pissed!!!!!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
do you want to trail ride it? or?

Id go with a set of twin pipes either D&D or SLP,clutch it correctly.. rejet...D&Ds new y-pipe, timing key, head mod, and if your not studded, stud the heck outof it...

should beat anything out on the lake besides full out modded sleds...

heck ive never seen too many modded sleds out on rangeley lake...only during the sno-deo...most always when you hear something nice...its dumbasses with cans...but nothing else...

Just make sure you dont run into dans modded firecat.......id look out for that...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by ricor2008@Sep 27 2005, 07:56 PM
aight thank. Anyone else know any mods? I'd like to see 160-170 hp. out of my f7 carb. Besides f8 or f9 kit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896201
[/quote]

You can do it, but it will mainly be a race sled & not very trailable. You will be talkin about race porting with twin pipes, clutch work, fuel pressure reg, etc. Doing the race porting will drastically reduce the amount of trail riding you can do. Your best bet would be to just get a big bore F8 or F9 & keep it trail friendly. You will spend nearly the same amount of money to get the F7 to that H.P..... & you will be able to trail ride the F8. (Been there, done that).

Get an F-8 kit, Some pipe mods like a D&D "Y" pipe & super single, Clutch kit, Fuel pressure regulator, & some extra picks.....= roughly $3,000 U.S. It'll rock. ...that is unless you come across another F8 or F9. :div20:

If, after that, you are looking for more power.....put a Speedwerx 925, Bikeman F9, or D&D F9 on it..... & maybe some spray. *(But now your talkin some "Dinasaur Dollar$".

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by FastFirecat@Sep 27 2005, 09:10 PM
do you want to trail ride it? or?
Id go with a set of twin pipes either D&D or SLP,clutch it correctly.. rejet...D&Ds new y-pipe, timing key, head mod, and if your not studded, stud the heck outof it...
should beat anything out on the lake besides full out modded sleds...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=896238
[/quote]

Hard to run a Y-pipe with twins :celebrating:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FastFirecat: u said to look out for dans firecat? What's he have done to it? If i get the f8 kit what would give me more power and be better the d&d twins or single? IF i got the d&d f8 kit, could I put the new Jaws performance pipes, that are made for trail riding, on that?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by ricor2008@Sep 29 2005, 05:02 PM
FastFirecat: u said to look out for dans firecat? What's he have done to it? If i get the f8 kit what would give me more power and be better the d&d twins or single? IF i got the d&d f8 kit, could I put the new Jaws performance pipes, that are made for trail riding, on that?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=899747
[/quote]
Dan's sled just has a single pipe on it and lots of picks-(his orange sled) :div20:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i get the f8 kit what would give me more power and be better the d&d twins or single? IF i got the d&d f8 kit, could I put the new Jaws performance pipes, that are made for trail riding, on that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts