Hardcore Sledder banner

mods

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  rcarnell 
#1 ·
i was just wondering what mods you guys are doing or have done i am thinking about a clutch kit a silencer and reeds and also the clutch kit doesn't void the warrenty does it?

#2 ·
I would like to do a few mods to my F5. I would also like a silencer, not sure what brand yet. I am also thinking of trying a set of boyessen tech reeds. I'm working on the clutching myself. The sled is finally broken in so I'm ready to start testing.

#3 ·
1. Installed a Dakota Performance Clutch Kit
2. Installed V-Force III Reeds

I am going to stay away from pipes and silencers because these items are optimized from the factory and there is a hell of a lot of engineering that goes into producing one and maintaining or improving upon performance without degrading other variables (HP, Fuel Econ., Sound, etc...). There is so little gain from those silencers, other than annoying noise, that you would be better off jetting the machine so your running nice tan plugs rather than getting 1HP out of a stupid noise maker!!!!

#5 ·
I want to silencer for the noise and to loose a few pounds. I'm not looking to make it annoyingly loud but right now the sled sounds like a hoover vaccum reving up.

#6 ·
I did not have an opportunity to base line!

You can never go wrong with V-Force Reeds - I don't think many people will contest that at all. Supposedly D&D found 3-4hp gain. It's no so much the gain in HP as it's the responsiveness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the Dakota Performance outfit - But everyone on this site has had nothing but great things to say. I'm talking about EVERYONE!!!! Ask yourself that same question about D&D, Black Magic, Speedwerx, clutch kits and you will get mixed results from people in your sample! Trust me I already did this about three weeks ago right here on these forums and based on those who bought the DP clutch kits both on the F7 and older models were very happy (100% of them) - that in itself made me buy the kit! :D :D :D

#11 ·
I like having the fastest in my class. It is hard to jet an F7 for asphalt racing in the summer. That's why i got the F5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.