Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huda thunk it that this electronic doo-hicky is giving me more horsepower with a couple touches of a keyboard. I miss the old days installing pipes, reeds and jetting etc. trying to find that little edge over my buddies.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
.. but clutching is still a combination of science and black magic - one day it will be all computer controlled too .. :cry:

I work with computers all day - and prefer that my toys are not all too computerized and complex

·
Premium Member
33,218 Posts
As great as they are, the worst thing about the turbos is that people now think a simple tune reflash is the be all, end all of modding.
Basic engine theory and performance still applies, unfortunately though, it seems to be completely overlooked these days.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,064 Posts
Being able to get the desired suspension spring rates, and shock valving is still a science for me, but when you hit it right, the results are worth every bit of the time spent.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
.. but clutching is still a combination of science and black magic - one day it will be all computer controlled too .. :cry:

I work with computers all day - and prefer that my toys are not all too computerized and complex
I don't think they will get that advanced. Sleds are at a critical point with pricing I think. I think that limits sales. It's getting close to the max people are willing to pay. Adding a fancy computer controlled cvt tranny to a sled, would add a big chunk of cost, for more potential issues, and considering how simple and effective the current clutching is on sleds, I don't see that happening in the 10-15 years the industry has left.

·
Registered
40,064 Posts
I don't think they will get that advanced. Sleds are at a critical point with pricing I think. I think that limits sales. It's getting close to the max people are willing to pay. Adding a fancy computer controlled cvt tranny to a sled, would add a big chunk of cost, for more potential issues, and considering how simple and effective the current clutching is on sleds, I don't see that happening in the 10-15 years the industry has left.
Yeah, its claimed the world will end in 10 years if we don't give up the internal combustion engine.:frantics:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Yeah, its claimed the world will end in 10 years if we don't give up the internal combustion engine.
It might end in 10, but it won't be because of that.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
As great as they are, the worst thing about the turbos is that people now think a simple tune reflash is the be all, end all of modding.
Basic engine theory and performance still applies, unfortunately though, it seems to be completely overlooked these days.

Because most of them don’t even know how a turbo works. They just think “the more boost” higher psi you run the magically makes you the fastest guy. And they rag on their buddies that they have 2 more psi with the 500 dollar program they bought.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

I totally agree. LS turbo swap bro. That's all you gotta do. Slap a 76 on 5.3, throw a tooon on it, 1000 wheel. Easy. Then they stand around scratching their vaginas when it kicks the rods out of it after 5 passes. And they say, "yeah, but Car Craft did it". Same thing

As the real racers wait for 2 hours for the track to be cleaned up. Annoying.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts

I totally agree. LS turbo swap bro. That's all you gotta do. Slap a 76 on 5.3, throw a tooon on it, 1000 wheel. Easy. Then they stand around scratching their vaginas when it kicks the rods out of it after 5 passes. And they say, "yeah, but Car Craft did it". Same thing

As the real racers wait for 2 hours for the track to be cleaned up. Annoying.
Lol cleetus McFarland showed exactly how long a swap like that would last while they were having an engine built. I think they got about 5 passes on 2 boosted up junk yard ls motors lol

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
oh don't be to sure about a computer controlled clutch. i've already seen a test unit using oil as hydraulic fluid using a sensors and computer controlled oil pressure to shift a drive clutch. while it's probably more expensive? it will get cheaper over time. the oil was pump through the crankshaft and into the clutch.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
Huda thunk it that this electronic doo-hicky is giving me more horsepower with a couple touches of a keyboard. I miss the old days installing pipes, reeds and jetting etc. trying to find that little edge over my buddies.
yup electronic jetting and timing and boost. wave of the future unfortunately. i'am old and miss the days when it wasn't about money or the latest tech.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts