Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of increased bashing in the brand forums and the fact that the existing mods and myself don't have the time to do the job properly, we are looking for one person to take on the tough job of moderating all the Yamaha forums.

Requirements are:

Owns a Yamaha (mandatory)
a level head
online a LOT
has the respect of other members
willing to commit to the job through the winter

Please toss this around among yourselves and come up with the best person.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is only my first yammy, but if no one else will take it, I will. I have experienced how a room can be over taken by bs as last years Fusion forum. Wolfie would also be a good pic as he is hard core yammy.

Cheers,

Kurtz

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'd be interested in doing it. I only ride yamaha but don't consider myself overly brand loyal. That said this is the yamaha forum and it is getting out of control and needs some moderation. First in warnings to set the tone then further if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Yamanator@Aug 26 2005, 02:08 PM
I'd be interested in doing it. I only ride yamaha but don't consider myself overly brand loyal. That said this is the yamaha forum and it is getting out of control and needs some moderation. First in warnings to set the tone then further if needed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=848787
[/quote]
You got it. Brand loyal is an asset for a moderator in the brand forums, I think you'll do well here. I'll PM you some details. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Aug 25 2005, 06:17 PM
Because of increased bashing in the brand forums and the fact that the existing mods and myself don't have the time to do the job properly, we are looking for one person to take on the tough job of moderating all the Yamaha forums.

Requirements are:

Owns a Yamaha (mandatory)
a level head
online a LOT
has the respect of other members
willing to commit to the job through the winter

Please toss this around among yourselves and come up with the best person.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=847894
[/quote]
if you need more than 1 i would help out as i am on the web quite often during the day.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sherminator?> oh my. He was one of the easiest to get in the boat. IMO not a good pic for moderator with thin skin like that. parkindale and bgby seem more level headed to me but I just come here to laugh so.............. :dance2:

I was just thinking this in my head....oh no, did I post this? sheeeit! :smilielol:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
HotRodLincoln. Each of us has different ideas of what we like and do not like. That is accepted. Critiqueing yamaha's is natural. There are some things I don't care for or think that could be improved upon. This is acceptable as long as it is meant as constructive criticism. Disapointment in a feature should be discussed. However consistent criticism will be moderated.

Consider your first warning the post about people "overthinking, that's not possible on this forum" (not exact wording but the meaning). We are going to try and keep the topics from de-railing with useless stuff such as this. Obviously that post serves no legitimate purpose. Your anticipated co-operation is much appreciated =).

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by HotROdLincoln@Aug 26 2005, 09:20 PM
Sherminator?>  oh my.  He was one of the easiest to get in the boat.  IMO not a good pic for moderator with thin skin like that.  parkindale and bgby seem more level headed to me but I just come here to laugh so.............. :dance2:
I was just thinking this in my head....oh no, did I post this?  sheeeit!    :smilielol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849338
[/quote]

Well Hotrod I think anybody would be a better choice than you! You just like to stir the pot and you never have any helpfull input on any of the forums. Your negativity is something we all could do without! I like the saying "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all" Why don't you try that and then maybe we won't hear from you anymore! :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Its good to have a full-time moderator here in the Yamaha forum to keep the Yamaha bashers in check.
Congrads on making moderator, Yamanator, Im sure you will do a good job.
Cap'n

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Originally posted by jds800Rev@Aug 27 2005, 01:55 PM
Well Hotrod I think anybody would be a better choice than you! You just like to stir the pot and you never have any helpfull input on any of the forums. Your negativity is something we all could do without! I like the saying "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all" Why don't you try that and then maybe we won't hear from you anymore! :smiley-faces7:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849867
[/quote]

First you should take your own advice. Didnt you just slam someone a few posts ago? yeah. How many times have you posted crap about the fusion? I should say nothing but compliments and never question anything on a yamaha all the while you post fusion slander. Dont think so tim.

As for helpful input, I have more tuning knowledge in my little finger than you can even imagine. Maybe after I get this sled in my hand and a little time I can offer some better info for you, sir. Once again you have made this about me when in fact this is supposed to be a yamaha forum and not the HRL forum.

You yamaha brand loyalists dont like that fact that someone, anyone, is in here posting some potential shortcomings on your brand of choice. Guess what? No sled is perfect. I paid for an apex and I deserve to question anything about them. Including a gauge with lack of features compared to the competition. A seat thats way too tall for good cornering. A heavy engine that still needs refinement, weightwise. A useless windsheild. Lack of warranty. And anything else I can think of that I would like to have for the $10g I forked out. this is constructive criticism, not bashing. Which BTW, is now used just to shut up those with a squeaky wheel.

And another thing, why is it so many are here as tense as a balloon-knot? What, a sense of humor is no longer allowed on this site? If you would look past your blue lenses now and then, you might see the humor and the little laughing guy I frequently post.

Useless posts? WE dont have snow,. and we dont have the apex. Just how formal do you think chit chat is going to be right about now? Lighten up. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This wasn't a discussion Hotrodlincoln. Consistent negativity without any productive and/or constructive posts, and outright baiting in threads will find you a quick kick off this board.

We all discuss things we don't like or hope for improvement in the next year. That is accepted. I'd rather it (Apex) came with an even lower windshield that was rounded off (sorta like some of the mountain guys have gotten aftermarket), but obviously they aren't going to do that. Some would prefer an even larger windshield, though some of us would like that even less. The point is to look beyond things that are personal taste and look at the things that are going to make it a better SLED. You'll never have the perfect sled when it comes to personal preferences. You can have a great sled that does everything you'd hoped it would well and which you CAN curtail to your preferences. Either way you have not been exhibiting this kind of thinking.

A good friend of mine has learned a lot from the cat forums here. I hope that yamaha fans can do the same here. Your posts often inhibit this. Obviously there was a problem here as Rob wanted a moderator. I'd appreciate it if you took off the post from the main forums. The crybaby pic you posted with yamaha placed on it (which I deleted) was continuing a disagreement on a thread which was starting to get back on track. Please take a moment to re-adjust the way you post here and we can move on with what's important. Excitement over the new yamaha's and discussion of tuning SRX's, Vipers, RX's, Vector's ect.

No response is needed.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Originally posted by Yamanator@Aug 27 2005, 09:10 PM
This wasn't a discussion Hotrodlincoln. Consistent negativity without any productive and/or constructive posts, and outright baiting in threads will find you a quick kick off this board.

We all discuss things we don't like or hope for improvement in the next year. That is accepted. I'd rather it (Apex) came with an even lower windshield that was rounded off (sorta like some of the mountain guys have gotten aftermarket), but obviously they aren't going to do that. Some would prefer an even larger windshield, though some of us would like that even less. The point is to look beyond things that are personal taste and look at the things that are going to make it a better SLED. You'll never have the perfect sled when it comes to personal preferences. You can have a great sled that does everything you'd hoped it would well and which you CAN curtail to your preferences. Either way you have not been exhibiting this kind of thinking.

A good friend of mine has learned a lot from the cat forums here. I hope that yamaha fans can do the same here. Your posts often inhibit this. Obviously there was a problem here as Rob wanted a moderator. I'd appreciate it if you took off the post from the main forums. The crybaby pic you posted with yamaha placed on it (which I deleted) was continuing a disagreement on a thread which was starting to get back on track. Please take a moment to re-adjust the way you post here and we can move on with what's important. Excitement over the new yamaha's and discussion of tuning SRX's, Vipers, RX's, Vector's ect.

No response is needed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850241
[/quote]

"The crybaby pic you posted with yamaha placed on it (which I deleted) was continuing a disagreement on a thread which was starting to get back on track."

If thats true than you should have deleted both pics.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by HotROdLincoln@Aug 27 2005, 08:10 PM
First you should take your own advice.  Didnt you just slam someone a few posts ago?  yeah.  How many times have you posted crap about the fusion?  I should say nothing but compliments and never question anything on a yamaha all the while you post fusion slander.  Dont think so tim.

As for helpful input, I have more tuning knowledge in my little finger than you can even imagine.  Maybe after I get this sled in my hand and a little time I can offer some better info for you, sir.  Once again you have made this about me when in fact this is supposed to be a yamaha forum and not the HRL forum.

You yamaha brand loyalists dont like that fact that someone, anyone, is in here posting some potential shortcomings on your brand of choice.  Guess what?  No sled is perfect.  I paid for an apex and I deserve to question anything about them.  Including a gauge with lack of features compared to the competition.  A seat thats way too tall for good cornering.  A heavy engine that still needs refinement, weightwise.  A useless windsheild.  Lack of warranty.  And anything else I can think of that I would like to have for the $10g I forked out.  this is constructive criticism, not bashing.  Which BTW, is now used just to shut up those with a squeaky wheel. 

And another thing, why is it so many are here as tense as a balloon-knot?  What, a sense of humor is no longer allowed on this site?  If you would look past your blue lenses now and then, you might see the humor and the little laughing guy I frequently post.

Useless posts?  WE dont have snow,. and we dont have the apex.  Just how formal do you think chit chat is going to be right about now?  Lighten up.    :drunk:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850179
[/quote]

First of all I don't have any opinion about the Fusion, positive or negative. I may have had a few things to say about Polaris and that was only because of their smear adds a couple of years ago. What I can't beleive is that you would buy a sled with all the negatives you point out! I know that if I felt about the Apex the way you do then there would be no way in hell I would have bought one! I think you bought a new Fusion, not an Apex and you just show up on these forums to piss off the Yamaha faithfull. :boxing: Why don't you just enjoy your new Polaris and let us enjoy our Apex's without having to listen to you constant dribble! You say you have the right to post negative things about the Apex because you bought one. Well why don't you ever post negative things about the Fusion? :dunno: I guess you must really like everything about your new Fusion right! :smilielol:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I think he just likes to bash imports.
Cap'n

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.