Hardcore Sledder banner

how do YOU feel about moderation on this website?

• I'd like to see a LOT more moderation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like to see a LITTLE more moderation

• I think the current moderation level is about right

• I'd like to see a LITTLE less moderation

• I'd like to see a LOT less moderation

• I think this site should become totally unmoderated

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Rob, I think I can speak for many members of this board. You do an excellant job in moderating and sharing you knowledge about sleds! I don't know how you find time to do all the work on this site that you do? You get an A++++++++++++++++!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
This site was originally just for firecats and I would like to see it stay that way. If there's too much talking about other brands then there'll be more bashing and we'll lose all the good info that we currently enjoy. Keep up the good work Rob and Jay.

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
The only reason I say a little more moderation is because it always seems like it is the same people complaining about their sleds, the gift that Cat is sending, the resale value, and the list goes on and on. If you're that dissatisfied with your sled, sell it, and stop giving the rest of us Firecat owners a bad name!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Eventhough other brands are mentioned here, it helps all us F owners Sure i'd like to hear if my F7 will beat an Rx1 ton or Rev 800. I don't think things have gotten out of hand. I enjoy reading most of the posts. I do think that if you have a gripe, take it to the "litter box- problem forum"
We all learn from eachother on various issues. I love this site!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Things are good the way they are. You guys are doing a great job.

I care less about other brands beacause if I want to know about any issues I will go to that site. I am here for Cat related topics.

One area that I think could use a little more is the Tell it Cat.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i think this site should be for firecats only if you want to talk about other brands go to their site ! i do not really care whats happening to the revs or the poos ! and if i want to know i just go look :lol: i own a FIRECAT most awsome sled made!!!! :D good job on this site rob!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Red patriot, How is complainig about a sled giving you a bad name?
You have to undersand that if we sit back and smile and blow sunshine out our a$$ that NOTHING will be done.
Then what happens when your sled goes down for weeks at a time? Will you sit back and let the sun come out?
MFG's monotor these sites and can see when theres a problem with there product, If no one complains nothing gets fixed. :huh:
As for moderation of this site, If we can not ask AC real questions about real problems and at the same time show our dissatisfaction with there product why have an Ask AC Forum?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by joejoe@Feb 13 2003, 09:01 AM
Things are good the way they are. You guys are doing a great job.

One area that I think could use a little more is the Tell it Cat.
Agree 100%... The main sites are fine but the "tell it to AC" site needs a little more help. :eek: We might get more responses if there was less silly shit on there. ^_^ Anyway...a great job overall! :D

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
just right Rob (I really was pissed the gls sneaker post got removed) but I understand about the invaders that come here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This site has been a great service to me! The owners manual is way too small. BTW so is everyone elses. I've learned plenty from this forum.

The level of moderation seems fine to me, however I don't know what has been deleted so it's a little hard for me to tell.

I would leave all posts which ask for help, give an opinion as to a fix, remain civil, etc...

Emotionional responces can be left at the door.

Hey, where's your spellcheck? I need it!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
rob the tell it to cat section should be moderated heavily in my opinion . it should be serious issues only ! the rest of it just needs a little more

·
Registered
348 Posts
"This is a moderated forum, and certain rules apply, foremost of which, is no "Arctic Cat bashing" will be tolerated. If you own a different brand, you are welcome to join this forum, read and participate, but you must refrain from bashing while on this board. An outright bashing post will be deleted, and the poster banned from this site permanently, no questions asked... "

First of all I love this forum! I think that you guys do a great job in what you do! I whole heartedly agree with the above rules statement. The post I'm talking about in no way (IMO) conflicts with the rule though. It is someone who owns another brand participating in in the forum. I saw no evidence of bashing or politics in the posts. I think that the thread may have been dominated by non firecat owners but they are invited to join in and many of the posts refered to AC in a positive way. At least it was about snowmobiling! There are many other post that aren't even on the topic of sleds. And yes I do feel problems with other sleds have are pertinent to AC owners. I find it reassuring to know that AC isn't the only company that we problems about. If I can use information gained in a non AC thread to my advantage with my dealer it is usefull. A greater knowledge about all brands of snowmobiles is helpfull to all AC owners. One of our greatest assets in competition is knowledge of the competition...their weaknesses and their strengths.

I think if threads on other brand are to be curtailed then it should be stated as a rule and pinned. I guess my point is if you make the rules we'll follow them, but otherwise unless something is blatantly offensive what harm is it (unless of course server space is an issue, and then its a whole other issue). Maybe we need a separate forum for all non Firecat posts.

The level of moderation is not the issue IMO, only what is being moderated. Anyway I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest, but I never was able to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks for all you guys do!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Moderation is good, we as members should do more moderating them Rob and the guys. If I guys is off bases, send him a message and let him know. If the post is off bases, don't reply and ignore it. Bashers and troublemakers go away if not getting the attention.

My two cent

Now send me some snow!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyway I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest, but I never was able to keep my mouth shut.[/b]
I can appreciate that :rolleyes: I've always been one of those guys also :D

I think if threads on other brand are to be curtailed then it should be stated as a rule and pinned. I guess my point is if you make the rules we'll follow them, but otherwise unless something is blatantly offensive what harm is it (unless of course server space is an issue, and then its a whole other issue). Maybe we need a separate forum for all non Firecat posts.[/b]
I don't want to make too many rules..I hate rules :angry: Do we want to add a "general" or even a "bashing" forum like Amsnow has? I can do either.

·
Registered
544 Posts
its been really good so far keep it up........you knew what you wanted in this forum when it got started ... stick with it

it's the best sled forum on the web...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by red patriot f7 sp@Feb 13 2003, 08:19 AM
The only reason I say a little more moderation is because it always seems like it is the same people complaining about their sleds, the gift that Cat is sending, the resale value, and the list goes on and on. If you're that dissatisfied with your sled, sell it, and stop giving the rest of us Firecat owners a bad name!
I agree completely! I used to read this forum faithfully...everyday. I'm so tired of the bitching. I've maintained one thought from the beginning, and still feel this way: We bought sleds in our first production year! Gliches will come and gliches will go. Your dealer should take care of you, and obviously AC is doing their best. To those of you who want the world for your inconvenience, good luck to you. To those of you who want to bash the firecats--sell yours and move on. Resale on the 03's won't be great. It was their first year! I'm completely happy with mine, and would love to see the bitching stop! Sharing info is one thing--and I"ve learned alot here, but c'mon guys!! Get over this shit!! :angry:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 13 2003, 03:54 PM
Anyway I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest, but I never was able to keep my mouth shut.
I can appreciate that :rolleyes: I've always been one of those guys also :D

I think if threads on other brand are to be curtailed then it should be stated as a rule and pinned. I guess my point is if you make the rules we'll follow them, but otherwise unless something is blatantly offensive what harm is it (unless of course server space is an issue, and then its a whole other issue). Maybe we need a separate forum for all non Firecat posts.[/b]
I don't want to make too many rules..I hate rules :angry: Do we want to add a "general" or even a "bashing" forum like Amsnow has? I can do either.[/b][/quote]
I think I like the NO BASHING rule! I do like the idea of a General forum though where all non Firecat related posts can go, perfect place to talk about Chevys Revs and calendars. Also would be good for all the fishing stories I hear about snowmobiling B) :rolleyes: ! Still NO BASHING we're above that!
JMO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts