Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured i would slap together a quick map for the event tonight into tomorrow, Weak wave of low pressure moving east from the upper midwest, This low develops a secondary over LI and moves east off the coast, It looks to provide some moderate snow to the southern half of the state with lesser amounts as you head north, May be able to get some riding back going again for some that still have some pack that remains.

Temps look to be cold enough for mainly snow, But will moderate into the low 30's for the remainder of the week, South with upper 20's north, Looking ahead, We look to start to transition back to a colder pattern towards the middle to end of next week...............gade

·
Registered
128 Posts
Figured i would slap together a quick map for the event tonight into tomorrow, Weak wave of low pressure moving east from the upper midwest, This low develops a secondary over LI and moves east off the coast, It looks to provide some moderate snow to the southern half of the state with lesser amounts as you head north, May be able to get some riding back going again for some that still have some pack that remains.

Temps look to be cold enough for mainly snow, But will moderate into the low 30's for the remainder of the week, South with upper 20's north, Looking ahead, We look to start to transition back to a colder pattern towards the middle to end of next week...............gade

Thanks Gade. Small event but appreciate the map. Any base left in and around the dirty Lew?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Perfect. That should get some areas up to better conditions with less ice. Hopefully it will have some moisture so it sticks to the trail.

Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks for the time you put into your reports! I won't ask you what the weather will by three Sundays from now in a 10 mile radius but wanted to let you know your work is appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Mixed most of the night at my house on the coast. Snowing pretty good right now. Got about 2" , but school was cancelled 20 miles inland from here. Not sure how far it pushed north?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Just dropped the tape measure in York. 5" and still snowing. Probably all be gone by Saturday. I ain't even gonna bother to clean it up lol.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking at next week, There is a large block over hudson bay, We are going to have a coastal storm that will move up the coast in the MO-Weds timeframe, Its going to be a slow mover, There are signs on the models of the block holding its ground, If that look continues, It will provide colder air here for the interior sections of the state and possibly the coast for more in the way of wintry precip rather then a mix to rain, This system has the potential to be significant, And we look to return to a more normal winter pattern thereafter as well with more chances at some coastal storms and snow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts