Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did a top end in my 15 pro x sb and it has about 1500 miles on it now.
wondering what people are running for a big bore kit and how reliable are they?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
It seems like a crap shoot from what ive seen. My good friend has a 15 pro x. He bought a 860 kit and clutch kit from a well known company. I wish I remembered what brand, I just dont remember because I dont beleive in those kits at all. They even put it together. Ran good for a day or 2. Then it ran like crap. Brought it back to them. Nothing wrong internally. They said it needed a tune change... Again. So it ran good for a day or so. Same thing. Ran like crap again. Same cycle... Had to change the tune again... Same crap. He hated the sled. It ran good when it worked for 2 days... They eventually stopped trying to help him with their own product. So I told him about an 800 long rod. Spent 3500 on a long rod 800 and it ran better than it ever has. Their clutch kit sucked, so I had to help him with that. Their helix was too shallow. Changed that and he said that was exactly the sled he was hoping to have. It was the fastest that sled has ever been. Ill ask him what company he got the 860 from and wasted thousands of dollars with.

I'm sure some kits are good. But for the price and potential headaches they aren't worth it to me. A good clutch kit will make your sled perform better and feel faster. And you just get to pull and go. Easy.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I did a ton of testing, and spent a ton of money!
Best bang for the buck that I found was--Dyno Port Exhaust, gearing, clutching!
I can help you, if interested, PM me.
fastsleddr (Jim) is local to me, and I have known him for many years. He is well respected for providing reasonable riders, VERY good value, reliability and service.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys.
was thinking of removing the engine to do crank seals as they have never been done and there are some rounds on the engine.

on the other hand since its running good i could sell it and upgrade to an 850. prob going to spend about the same if i add mods as in exh and cluthcing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts