Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going to Arthur- Fergus area for a rip tommorrow. I`m coming from Leamington and usually drop off at a place in Mitchell but I don`t know if the trails are open there yet.
Does anyone know the status there?
Did they get any of that storm on new yrs?
If not, where is the closest to there that the trails start to open? I would rather ride than drive.
Thanks
Browndog

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks like you may have to go as far as Palmerston to drop ur sleds. I rode over that way the last two days and the trails were fantastic for early season with limited snow. I dropped in Clifford and made loops going to Palmerston, Fordwich, Gowanston, Harriston, Conestogo Lake and Arthur. Come on up and get in some riding cause after the weekend there wont be any for awhile with this warm weather coming!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That`s what I`m thinkin. . .I may go to St. Clements or Fergus then (probably closer and faster from 401) just gotta make a few phone calls now and see if I can gather up a couple guys to go.
I read somewhere you can ride from St. Clements. . .can anyone confirm that or anywhere just north of K-W area?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That`s what I`m thinkin. . .I may go to St. Clements or Fergus then (probably closer and faster from 401) just gotta make a few phone calls now and see if I can gather up a couple guys to go.
I read somewhere you can ride from St. Clements. . .can anyone confirm that or anywhere just north of K-W area?[/b]
The OFSC just updated trail info and all KW trails are open and is Mitchell so that`s where I`m headed!

·
Registered
451 Posts
The OFSC just updated trail info and all KW trails are open and is Mitchell so that`s where I`m headed![/b]

You can ride from St.Clements. The groomer has been going around the clock and the trails are absolutly awesome.You can drop at the St.clements club house. I noticed a few poeple dropped there sleds at the st.clements arena today. You can cut through a field accross from the arena to get to the trails but just keep the speed and noise down.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I am going for a ride from Mitchell tonight and will post back around 10pm what the conditions were like.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think I'll give Mitchell a run tomorrow AM.

I plan to drop by 9. Likely at the elevators.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The conditions are good in mitchell. Not much snow in Stratford, or Gads Hill. STAY AWAY FROM THE ELICE SWAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lot's of snow, but they havn't been groomed since 1971 by the looks of it!!! Rougher than rough!! By far the worst trails I have ever ridden on!!!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The conditions are good in mitchell. Not much snow in Stratford, or Gads Hill. STAY AWAY FROM THE ELICE SWAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lot's of snow, but they havn't been groomed since 1971 by the looks of it!!! Rougher than rough!! By far the worst trails I have ever ridden on!!!![/b]
Thanks for the tip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts