Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my problem, one time she shifts out at 7800 just perfect. next time 7550 much slower even after long wot it never gets past 7600. where do i start? cleaned apv's last week did not adjust cable yet. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 08:37 PM
it can happen anytime. if i make a few 3 second wot bursts it goes back to 7800rpm?
Cold pipe. I noticed mine will do that when its below zero. Takes a couple of blasts to warm the pipe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no broken springs.
rob- could it be that simple? the pipe stays cool even if i have been running at say 20-30mpr cruising speed and hit it in the open field ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 09:31 PM
no broken springs.
rob- could it be that simple? the pipe stays cool even if i have been running at say 20-30mpr cruising speed and hit it in the open field ?
Like I said, I noticed it on my F7 this last week with all the sub-zero weather. Just cruising along at 50mph at -10F if I punch it, I only get 7600rpm. But like you said, do it two of three times and it revs normal. I think it has to be a cold pipe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i said last week she likes to be beaten! if i ride her like a 600 she acts like one. but beat her and she runs with the 9's. the more i think about it and the times i've had trouble your proberly right. i always thought i was clearing her throat but was just heating her pipe. sounds better anyway.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dave, your right the cable had to be adjusted to the stoppers. i now have 37mm but noticed some slack in the cables when in the closed position. now i'm thinking when the servo opens wont there be a delay while the slack is being taken up?

·
Registered
267 Posts
schifty, keep a eye on then, don''t put the cover back on yet, the ecm and servo have to be in the spec window for them to operate at all. you should notice more consistant rpm now. If you have a big helix, set the spring in the 4 HOLE, NO LESS.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gillystv, thanks for the help. i'm running the dakota clutch kit with his dp3 helix. what will moving the spring to the 4th hole do? also, hate to look stupid but what's the ecm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
quite difficult to explain with my bad english, but check that the wires are in "right position" on the servo. Remove first the black plastic shield above the servo. Hope you find it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts