Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about anyone else in here, but Im kinda upset about Arctic Cat pretty much scrappin the ZR nameplate . This year the ZR models have dwindled down to 2, thats the lowest number of ZR models advailiable since 97! Even the 440 race machine is no longer called the ZR 440 sno pro but just the 440 sno-pro!! The ZRs are probably by far Arctic Cats most sucessful machines, both in sales and competition results! I really think the alpha numeric ZR names were really good and powerful sounding names and now they are changing em all to Firecats, a name which I dont think is all that great! The ZRs have alot of racing history behind them and those two letters have come to represtent some of the best if not the best performance machines advailable!! Hey how about something like Ski Doo has done with the MXZ Revs and start to call firecats ZR Firecats!! Now that would be sweet! :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
i think AC should make a new ZR. the firecats are awesome, but there should still be a new ZR to look forward to!! the current ZR style has been here since late `99, time for a new one B) . but with the triples now gone, AC can`t just count on the firecats as their only hi-performance sled.

does anyone know for sure that in a couple years the two strokes will be banned? so that means in several year the manufacturers will no longer be able to build new two strokers?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha You do have a point there Team Arctic. Yes the current ZR chassies is getting old, Its chassies has its roots way back in the 1997 ZR 440 while the newer body work first appeared in 1999 as the 2000 ZR's were released. Well as I see it, the only room for ZRs now are in the current 800 and 900 segments because there is already a Firecat for the 500 600 and 700 classes and reintroducing ZRs would just be a major bomb. Well it has been a very successful 10 years for the ZR and well I hope the sucess will continue with the new Firecats but I will always think ZR is a better name :lol:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'M sorry but i just dont like the f7 and yes i have rode one for more than 100 miles it is a great sled for rough trails. so if their is no more zr i might buy something else.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Arctic Cat can't be expected to hold on to the ZR for ever, as sad as it is. If they never changed anything , they would be called Polaris.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True they cant hold on to the nameplate for ever, BUT the ZR name hasnt been around for all that long (10 years). Look at the MX bike names, Yamaha YZ Kawasaki KX Suzuki RM and Honda CR they have been around for about 30 years now and it doesnt look like their names are gonna change, but then again what would they change em to? lol

·
Registered
863 Posts
It will be a sad year when Cat drops the ZR for good...I would like to see it stick around for a couple more years...maybe a little change in body style...new moter....1000cc twin ( now that would be fun!) or somthing, the firecats are ok, but i dont think they should rely souly on them...they need the ZR's heritage to stick around...

·
Registered
539 Posts
i agree they should keep zr bodys around,firecats dont do a thing for me,uglier than the 92 wildcat,but i do think arctic should go back to names such as wildcat ,el tigre,prowler,t-cat,ect.....i think all of the brands have wore out the zl's,zr's,xc's,xcr's,xct's,mxz;s get the picture,put a little thought into names of these high dollar machines and quit designing ugly shit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts