Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Rob...I'll be installing the green windshield mounted mirrors this week on my f7. I read your post some time ago about your impressions. After all the miles you've logged do you feel any different about how they work? I remember you stated that on bumps they shake pretty good. Any new thoughts? Did you try them on the lower shield?

Peter

·
Registered
340 Posts
I put them on my F7 snopro w/ lower shield. They do vibrate excessively. You can see someone's headlight but cannot distinguish who it is. I have them on 2 ZL 600's and with the large windshield they work great hardly any vibration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like them! They only vibrate on bumps..steady most of the time.. and the BEST thing is where I installed mine, they block a lot of the wind and my hands are staying much warmer even on cold days. And they fit under the cover fine also!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info..........My two young boys are starting to ride with me more and i about broke my neck trying to keep an eye on them.

Thanks again

Peter

·
Registered
861 Posts
We use the mirrors that strap around your glove. I like them because I can see behind with my hand on the grip, plus I can lift my hand and see all around behind me. Also, they are only 6 or 8 bucks.
Just another option to consider.

Kevin

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the AC mirrors on my f7 and they work just fine.
They are the same as the ones on my zl 600 efi esr.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How did you get them to work on the chrome window? tried to put them on and found that the handle bars would hit. dealer tried and samething for them. any ideas or pic's. thanks :unsure:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mounted them on my F7 and hate them wish I had not drilled the windsheld. They vibrate so bad. I mounted lower then usaul. My hand blocks them out in normal riding position, as I do not like the glar from the rider behind me shining in my eyes. This position is at the max of the flare on the windshield (worst position).

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Wicked King@Jan 14 2003, 06:08 PM
Hey...who had the "bug eyes" mirrors?  That cracked me up...Love to see it again! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :blink:
I just got one and it works great...one of the best $10 I've spent on snowmobiling. You really don't even notice one on the chin...Marc

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I agree with Rob. Mine are fine and protect my hands on those real long wide open trails. Still thinkin taller windshield though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by NhPatriot@Jan 14 2003, 08:07 PM
Rob, do the mirrors fit under a regular cover? Not the cover designed for with mirrors??
yes the mirrors fit fine under the regular cover. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
UFOF7, THE STICK ON WIDEANGLES WORK VERY GOOD! THEY DON`T SHAKE ALL TO HELL LIKE THE THE WINSHIELD MOUNTED ONE DO. THE STICK ONS LET YOU SEE IF SOMEONE IS COMING.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a standard f-7 saber with the chrome windshield that came with it. I put on 2 mirrors. they are at different hights because the handle bars hit them if to hight , each side different, if to low you can't see through hands. not 100% but 90% and work well. It takes some time to line them up. Also I drilled from the inside through the out side where the rubber nuts are ( took nuts out first) 3 little holes show on mirrors but no one see them. this way you can put the mirror where you want it, have someone hold them in place, and drill through the mirror so the holes are in the right the frist time works great and is fast. you'll like them if you take the time and do it right, and your neck won't hurt when checking out your friends on those pooos

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a set of sheild mounted mirrors on my f7, rode for one day and took them back off. My hands blocked all but just a small area of the mirror (except in turns) but who has time to look behind them in turns anyway. they vibrate too much and in my opion there butt ugly.....Just my thoughts.... :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts