Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Polaris accessory on-line catalog they list handle-bar mounted mirrors. Claim to fit all IQ chassis. Has anyone seen or installed these? Appears to be way bettwer than hood mounted design....Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
In Polaris accessory on-line catalog they list handle-bar mounted mirrors. Claim to fit all IQ chassis. Has anyone seen or installed these? Appears to be way bettwer than hood mounted design....Thanks for your input![/b]
i have one of the velcro type ,wraps around the handle bar, you can move it up and down with your wrist, works great to keep a eye on the cats and yammis, wish i could remember where i got it, rode my xcr this weekend on the lake, forgot to take it off the xc, was lost without it, by the time i got slowed down enought to turn and look back, was a mile down the lake. no cats around!

·
Registered
464 Posts
In Polaris accessory on-line catalog they list handle-bar mounted mirrors. Claim to fit all IQ chassis. Has anyone seen or installed these? Appears to be way bettwer than hood mounted design....Thanks for your input![/b]
Put them on my wife’s sled, says she like em. Probably put a set on my sled. Once you get over the way they look I'm sure you'll be happy. The way I see it, it is the only option.

·
Registered
350 Posts
PowerMadd has mirrors for their handguards, that's what I use, they work great and look a lot better than mirrors alone (and a lot better than mirrors on the hood). They are round convex mirrors mounted on a wedge, you rotate them to adjust the angle.

The way I see it, it's a better option, as there isn't any "the way they look" to get over!

·
Registered
50 Posts
the ones on the handel bars look like rabbit ears on a old tv....plus when you turn the handel bars the view behind you moves. Bad Idea! That is why the hood mount ones have a clerer view. The handel bar ones make the sled look like crap! my 2cents.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put them on my wife’s sled, says she like em. Probably put a set on my sled. Once you get over the way they look I'm sure you'll be happy. The way I see it, it is the only option.[/b]
Gizmo, did you install the polaris mirrors or some aftermarket?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had the body mounted mirrors. Could not see anything. I put on the classic windshield with mirrors built in on the end of the windshield. No good. Had to twist your neck and slim viewing.

I now have the Polaris IQ handlebar mirrors. They are GREAT!! I love them. Do not have to move my head at all, they give a large viewing area. You can adjust them easily. They install easily. They are much better than my '04 Doo GSX mirrors. If I had room I would put them on the GSX too but no handlebar room.

If you get a chance to jump on an IQ with them do so. I am convinced you will like them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had the body mounted mirrors. Could not see anything. I put on the classic windshield with mirrors built in on the end of the windshield. No good. Had to twist your neck and slim viewing.

I now have the Polaris IQ handlebar mirrors. They are GREAT!! I love them. Do not have to move my head at all, they give a large viewing area. You can adjust them easily. They install easily. They are much better than my '04 Doo GSX mirrors. If I had room I would put them on the GSX too but no handlebar room.

If you get a chance to jump on an IQ with them do so. I am convinced you will like them.[/b]
wher do you get them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with g-dogg. I have the hood mounted mirrors and they work great when installed correctly. They were made just for my fusion. They give you a pattern to place on your sled to get them in the right spot. The handle bar mirrors turn with your steering. They don't look as nice. Mine work great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts