Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what will be left of it after the riots tonight? National guard on the way.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm wondering what the spike in covid will be? How they going to explain that if it's not a lot. Isn't Omar the US Representative there?

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,434 Posts
Burn your own neighborhood down!!
Guess we have something else to listen too besides covid!
Sounds like local pawn shop owner took looter out!!

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,811 Posts
Burn your own neighborhood down!!
Guess we have something else to listen too besides covid!
Sounds like local pawn shop owner took looter out!!
I broke my news ban to watch some of this, and at least one reporter for Ch5 called it what it is: Riots and Looting.

There are store owners with people standing in their place of business with AR's - ready to use them. It won't be the last of this.

I'm 22 miles south of it, and the air is filled with the smell of smoke.

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke my news ban to watch some of this, and at least one reporter for Ch5 called it what it is: Riots and Looting.

There are store owners with people standing in their place of business with AR's - ready to use them. It won't be the last of this.

I'm 22 miles south of it, and the air is filled with the smell of smoke.
wow I am like 10 miles south of it but I am not in Minnesota at the moment

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Total losers all the looter and fire starters this is not justice for floyd

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
There sure is a lot of plywood.
The damage is worse than most people realize. It is tough to do basic errands even with a vehicle. I've had quite a few occasions where I pulled up to a business I use and it is closed or gone.

One surprise I have seen. Neighbors helping neighbors. Working together to get rid of fire risk material. Painting over tagger crap. Looking for a lost pet. It is interesting how an errand has turned into a community event. Going to the store, what do you need?
Short term actions of the rioters has created a lot of long term effects. The people left really need their neighbors. There is no easy way to simply go shopping. The riots created a business wasteland. I don't see how, or if, the problem can be fixed any time soon.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
It will be a long process to rebuild. Not even just physically. Who wants to buy a buisness there now? Who wants to buy a house there? Property value will take a hit probably. Buying a burnt down buisness takes more money to remove and replace rather than just a remodel. They tore that area apart. I for one never wanted to live in a big city... Now I will never for sure! One less person willing to buy in the future in a big city and I know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Business insurance unaffordable fir most in a city. Now will be unobtanium.

Good jobs folks. You never helped build your city yet you helped tear it down.

I hope the good people you screwed leave and find better places.

Have fun in the hell hole you made.

Reactions: Strommer and sw-50c

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,811 Posts
It took almost 40 years to clean up and improve that part of town, toast in a week.

My dad's company left that part of town just off Blaisdell and Lake Street in 1982 because thugs were stealing anything they could get their hands on out of the shop right in the middle of the day.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Fed aggressively going after videos/photos/peoplevinfo to find the arsons / shooting if the older black cop / looting / etc in MN. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
16,284 Posts
The history books will say: This all started when Democrats began using Race as their means of making folks dependent on them. Obama's picture will be featured along with his many "useful idiot" enablers.

And, the world will become smarter. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The history books will say: This all started when Democrats began using Race as their means of making folks dependent on them. Obama's picture will be featured along with his many "useful idiot" enablers.

You are a lot more optimistic about that than I am

·
Registered
1,718 Posts

History book, what's a history book? That's part of the problem today, the education system has failed to teach kids what they should be learning. They should of be taught history, geography and even home econ.

Today. I don't need that stuff, but I sure know how to use a phone and camera. The cell phone was the worst invention ever made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts