Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a big review guy, but hell, gotta leave one when it is worth it.

Called Millenium to see if they are buying any cylinder cores. Guy says sure what ya got. read the castings off, and 40 a piece for two and its a deal. Sent em out same day.

two weeks later, no big deal, get a call from same guy that quoted me. Cylinders received. Said one was too rough then they would like, and its garbage. ok, no prob, send me money on the other and we are fine. guy says, we just recently bought a bunch, and no longer need it, but i'll give ya 10 bucks since it probably cost ya 12 to ship.

Now we have a arrived at a WTF moment. So I quickly respond, fine, put them both back in the box, and return them if your gonna play this game. Well its gonna cost you again to ship, your better off taking my 10. I said no, your paying to ship them back. I nicely told the guy when you get off the phone and start saying i'm an asshole, think about it for a moment here first. He says well I can't help another sales guy bought some without me knowing after we spoke. And that is my problem because I sent them out right away to honor the deal? Says fine i'll give you credit for in house credit for 40. I'm thinking, after this, do I really wanna buy anything here? Again nicely said its 40 or they are back in the box. Fine, i'll give you what you want, and the 40 will be sent out.

What a waste of time today. I'm glad they are good at cylinder plating, because they are certainly lacking in common business relations between buyer/seller practices. Might wanna think once, twice, maybe three times before sending anything there.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is why you work with a local dealer.
A good dealer will stand up for you, something you don't get going direct to the manufacture.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why you work with a local dealer.
A good dealer will stand up for you, something you don't get going direct to the manufacture.
I'am the dealer. We sold cores back to them.. haha, or so we tried or thought!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
So am I getting this right they gave you what you wanted in the end and you still came on the internet to bash them? Huh.

If your a dealer for Millennium I'd probably advice against bashing them on a public forum if you want to keep your dealer account. Its about the most unprofessional "dealer" thing I can think of one doing. But I'm guessing your not, a dealer that is, for Millennium.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes bob your right. I got what I wanted in the end. In this case it has nothing to do with what I wanted in the end. Being jerked around to get to that point is the root of the problem. A guy laughing about it, and not understand at all what the problem is. Then also having a problem with just sending my stuff back. a bait and switch come to mind. I deal with customers all the time. so I know both sides. guess i'll toss out the buyer beware. Especially when you send them your product, then they receive it, and try changing the terms. I'd expect that from the cartel, but not a sled part supplier.

I'm not a millennium dealer. Nor will I be dealing with them again.

·
Banned
33,383 Posts
we're a millennium dealer and have had nothing but perfect results from them. hard to say what happened here but it's definitely not the norm.

·
Registered
964 Posts
yes bob your right. I got what I wanted in the end. In this case it has nothing to do with what I wanted in the end. Being jerked around to get to that point is the root of the problem. A guy laughing about it, and not understand at all what the problem is. Then also having a problem with just sending my stuff back. a bait and switch come to mind. I deal with customers all the time. so I know both sides. guess i'll toss out the buyer beware. Especially when you send them your product, then they receive it, and try changing the terms. I'd expect that from the cartel, but not a sled part supplier.

I'm not a millennium dealer. Nor will I be dealing with them again.

You already said you were a dealer.
This all seems strange...

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I'am the dealer. We sold cores back to them.. haha, or so we tried or thought!
Maybe this isn't what you meant, but why I thought you were a Millennium dealer. Maybe you just mean your a snowmobile dealer, dunno.

Now comparing Millennium to a drug cartel is a bit harsh. Again you've over stepped the "buyer beware" part. Not trying elevate things. Just stating that trying to get the last comment with comments like that isn't professional. I am sure as time goes by you will realize the situation wasn't as bad as your making it sound. Happens to me all the time. If not I'd say you've not been in the industry long enough and need to lighten up a bit. One employee laughed at you a little bit. Then you ask to talk to another or a supervisor. Happens all the time, people have bad days both sides of the coin. Using their actions to label the whole company is, well, not professional. I am not saying he was right, but he is one out of a lot of people that work there, and I'm betting not the owner or major share holder.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
we're a millennium dealer and have had nothing but perfect results from them. hard to say what happened here but it's definitely not the norm.
Ive had plenty of qc issues with them.
Do they still recommend that you wash out the cylinders on your own before installation or did they finally get sick of people bitching about that?(thats just a minor issue but irritating)

·
Banned
33,383 Posts
Do they still recommend that you wash out the cylinders on your own before installation or did they finally get sick of people bitching about that?(thats just a minor issue but irritating)
I don't know of any machine shop that doesn't suggest cleaning before installing whatever engine parts you had done. That includes all of the automotive work we have done as well.
And imo, they are absolutely correct in making that statement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
I would be doing that whether recommended or not,,,,,,,standard procedure IMHO:c-n:

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Why wouldn't you wash out cylinders before installing them? Am I missing something. They ship it to you in packing foam, and you don't wash them? Wow, now we are getting really lazy, need companies to wash your cylinders for you, or your not satisfied. Snowflake comes to mind. Sorry, but, really are you serious?

Like Tommy said, most every machine shop I have ever dealt with has said to wash the parts after, even if they did also. Even if they didn't, its a no brainer.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sled dealer, not millennium dealer. Every end of season we make the calls to send out cores laying around to sell them back to shops that are willing to pay. We get quotes BEFORE we ship out, to assure they are going to pay the agreed amount.

So if you are a business/person/or whoever and you agree on a price of an item, they ship it to you, then you should send out a check for the price agreed. I fulfilled my end. He wanted to change the price based on a mistake he made. then wanted to say its just too bad, cuz he didn't know. Well you should of called back that day and let me know. also put the blame as it being my problem now. Now I deal with all type of customers. Each has an opinion. Yeah I got paid, after have to get pissed off, and calling him out on being a jerk off. He probably hates me, and I hate him. US chrome for now on I guess. live and learn.

can you find me a better example that gets the point across? drugs deals are typically the type where one tries to keep all, and the other gets nothing.

Maybe this isn't what you meant, but why I thought you were a Millennium dealer. Maybe you just mean your a snowmobile dealer, dunno.

Now comparing Millennium to a drug cartel is a bit harsh. Again you've over stepped the "buyer beware" part. Not trying elevate things. Just stating that trying to get the last comment with comments like that isn't professional. I am sure as time goes by you will realize the situation wasn't as bad as your making it sound. Happens to me all the time. If not I'd say you've not been in the industry long enough and need to lighten up a bit. One employee laughed at you a little bit. Then you ask to talk to another or a supervisor. Happens all the time, people have bad days both sides of the coin. Using their actions to label the whole company is, well, not professional. I am not saying he was right, but he is one out of a lot of people that work there, and I'm betting not the owner or major share holder.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I would be doing that whether recommended or not,,,,,,,standard procedure IMHO
Thats the least of my complaints,but if they cant get the sand out of them and have it bolt on ready and their competitors take the time wash them out for the same price is just says one more thing about their quality.
Poor heli coils,warped cylinders,and forgetting to port chamfer one side of a port are larger issues Ive dealt with.
What pissed me off the most was when I took back one bad cylinder and I got another bad cylinder with a different problem on the same job!
Im kind of lucky because Im within an hr of two places so I always have options if I need cylinders fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts