Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put new carbs on a 94 Cougar 440 L/C (plating came off piston valves and ruined bodies). I have been stumped searching locally for used 36mm carbs which came on the sled. When I started looking for new carbs, I can't seem to find any 36mm sled carbs with cable choke. I didn't think 36mm was a rare carb, but Dennis Kirk, etc all have 34mm, 38mm, 40mm, so on...but no 36mm. AC's prices for replacements are outrageous. Any ideas for either used or new 36mm carbs for this 440? Thanks for any ideas...Marc

·
Registered
154 Posts
What is it you need just the bodies or everything including the slides?I have a pair of 36 just the bodies
there not cat .I will see if I can locate the slides they do have places for choke.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AC900@Dec 29 2002, 10:34 AM
What is it you need just the bodies or everything including the slides?I have a pair of 36 just the bodies
there not cat .I will see if I can locate the slides they do have places for choke.
I need the bodies and the slides, but I can buy slides separate if need be. Shoot me a PM if you find them. There are many different 36mm Mikuni carbs I am discovering, I am not sure how exact a match I need to get for minimal hassles. Thanks Marc

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just sent you an email about the same thing do me a favor and see what the bell measures from the side
how far it sticks out 3/4 or 1 inch this is diffrent on some 36 for your airbox to fit.As long as you got all the jetting and the needles you Can get them to work. Send me an email and we can make it work.Found the slides they are 2.5 hope thats what yours are.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to a local guy who convinced me that the carbs could be salvaged. Looked around for used slides locally without luck, so I ordered new slides from our buddy Dan at The Outdoor Shop (great deal as always from Dan). I will clean them up, put in the new parts when they arrive and give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts