Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
try to figure out what is causing a mid range bog on my 03 polaris 600 . it acts like a electrical problem. sled runs like a fouled plug. the warmer the sled gets the worse it gets. plugs look ok. cleaned the carbs, checked temp sensor,checked clutching , checked exhaust valves. running out of things to check. the sled really started to suck the gas down also.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by tkroy@Oct 9 2005, 02:08 AM
try to figure out what is causing a mid range bog on my 03 polaris 600 . it acts like a electrical problem. sled runs like a fouled plug. the warmer the sled gets the worse it gets. plugs look ok. cleaned the carbs, checked temp sensor,checked clutching , checked exhaust valves. running out of things to check. the sled really started to suck the gas down also.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917418
[/quote]
midrange is traditionally the leanest part of jetting as rule of thumb, that and started to really suck the gas down?? try the coolant sensor(temp)for faults, may be getting into limp mode :dunno: , you checked valves for stickage i assume(yes i know how it's spelled and what that usually means :frech32: ), BUT did you check the bellows?? may have one going bad only partially opening , not all i've seen bad were showing oil on outsides, the customer was having to use more throttle, this uses more fuel and sled acted rich in midrange,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just a couple thoughts for ya':div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,369 Posts
I would start by checking the exhaust valve , I would bet one or both are stuck.... then if thats fine pull the carbs and clean the fuel bowls and jets . We really need more info to be more help. could even be a problem with a clutch spring !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
make sure the vent hoses are connected to the carbs :augen41: this can cause similar problems :div20: all the best, Sideways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by xc-mark@Oct 9 2005, 06:20 PM
I would start by checking the  exhaust valve , I would bet one or both are stuck.... then if thats fine pull the carbs and clean the fuel bowls and jets . We really need more info to be more help. could even be a problem with a clutch spring !
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918203
[/quote]


Originally posted by sideways@Oct 9 2005, 06:32 PM
make sure the vent hoses are connected to the carbs :augen41: this can cause similar problems :div20:    all the best, Sideways
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918227
[/quote]

:div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,783 Posts
Depending on the sleds mileage...What about something wrong with the muffler. Back to the clutch's.....sacked out springs...especially in the driven clutch will cause a bog and bad fuel mileage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the suggestions. well still havent found the problem. Ive switch out clutches with another sled and that didnt do it. I was wondering , has anyone ever heard of the cdi box causing this problem at mid range. Ive also tested the tps and that was a little high so reset that at 3.98. the exhaust valves look pretty good. we bypassed the temp sensor to see if that changed anything and it didnt seem to improve the problem.

tkroy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,783 Posts
This doesn't sound electrical....more like clutching or fuel related...did you check the fuel tank venting? What about the needle e clips on the carbs...should be set in the middle clip.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top