Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2750 miles on no problems but at about 1800 miles i noticed a loss in midrange power low end seems fine top end seems fine but when i hit the throttle at 35 to40 seems flat,so i cleaned and checked valves ok now i have 2750 seems about the same but my fuel milage seems to be going down and it has been very cold in U.P latley.I was wondering if my clutch should be replaced and a new belt or if motor is geating weak.When i cleaned valves i noticed on one cylinder scuffs on piston but ring looked fine.I will do comp test but i wasnt sure when i should replace my clutch,some people tell me every 2000 miles?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a similar problem at 1500 miles. My buddy was starting to keep up on his 800 REV so I checked out my clutches. Rollers were siezed and weights had worn a flat spot in them. Looks like the spider had some bad casting from the factory causing the rollers to bind. Replaced spider and rollers. Goes like new again. See you later REV.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its weird you say that my brother has a rev800 at 1500 miles i was kicking his butt,we raced this weekend and it was real close but he has only 900 miles on i have the sled at the dealer and hes checking out the clutch but i will have him check into the oil issue as well

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by CanadianF7@Feb 10 2003, 07:48 PM
I had a similar problem at 1500 miles. My buddy was starting to keep up on his 800 REV so I checked out my clutches. Rollers were siezed and weights had worn a flat spot in them. Looks like the spider had some bad casting from the factory causing the rollers to bind. Replaced spider and rollers. Goes like new again. See you later REV.
Hmmm... when I took my drive clutch off for cleaning and inspection at around 1600 miles, I noticed all three rollers had small (1/16" or so) flat spots worn across them. Everything else, including ramps and roller bushings LOOKED OK, but I didn't check the spider for any "bad casting." Can you elaborate on this in more detail please? Do you know if the "bad casting" was something that could be seen and ground away with a file or Dremel tool? Just trying to figure out what could've caused the flats on all three rollers. Thanks! -- Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts