Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard it was going to be a F6 EFI with direct drive. I know the direct drive might be a little to soon because they usually try things out on the race sled first before using it on the production sleds.But I think Tucker has be using it on his open mod sled for awhile now. Not sure how much of this is true but I thought of telling somebody of what I heard. I would be happy for just a F6 snopro. Bye for now. ;)

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
It will be a f6-its a done deal-look for a f8-f9 for 2005 season-zr900 for 2004 and i dont think they will make a zr800 next year .

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
bee is right a 600 was slated for last spring but they wanted to hold over for more testing so they can guage how the 500 is doing remember 98 the 500 blew away the 600 at the line then the pistons went south so first 700 this time around long awaited for shure, and 500 for a good passifier till the 600 is ready to go .

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
f6 maybe 4 stroker

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I have no connection at all...I tried..sorry...But I believe , which someone had posted somewhere... F6 efi.120 ish hp....and a longtrack mtn sled...maybe they'll do an F7 144 or something...I am no mtn. man so??
Maybe a turbo 660 that'll do 100mph

4 stroke 1300 = don't think so...hopefully next year, in a zr style chassis, but new look...JMO :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
F6, this engine has been in house and ready to go for almost a year, the estimated HP is supposed to be somewhere between 125-128, according to GLENN HALL, D&D sponsered grass drag racer, I met and talked helped in the pits many times on the NSRA circut this year, while we were racing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i still think an f-6 is not practical,why????

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by madmike@Dec 28 2002, 10:47 AM
i still think an f-6 is not practical,why????
Why not? Top end speed is not a relevant argument for not having an F6. You can gear sleds for many top end options. Its all about trail power and torque. The 600 class is historically a top seller and a 120HP F6 would sneak people in under the insurance company CC clip level. Cat also needs a 600 to combat the REV600. My friend has one and I will guarantee you that an F5 won't run with it. You can tell by the members on this site that most old 600 owners went up to the F7 instead of down to the F5...even though the F5 will run with a ZR600. Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts