Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy this sled as soon as possible but I decided to wait for the 1st year bugs to get worked through. So far I am hearing nothing critical on these sleds, which is impressive.

Does anyone have any real mileage on their 900T yet? I am interested in hearing from people with mild or even zero aftermarket tuning. I'm a sport touring type of rider that loves the torque of my 1200 but wants the top end of my 800. I don't need any more than the factory power, I just want a 4 stroke that is close to as fast as my 800 top speed. Also interested in what kind of mileage people are getting on these sleds? When I got my 1200 I was looking forward to better fuel range than my 800 but found that it's considerably worse, like a 3rd worse. Probably would be better if I wasn't so addicted to lifting the skis though...

My 800 is long in tooth right now. The electric start failed earlier this season and the front track shock needs rebuilding and a broken preload spring replaced. May consider moving into one of these turbo 900's sooner than later.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I’ve been considering one of these myself, but am now leaning towards the NA version.

Unfortunate that there isn’t a more active Ski Doo section here on HCS. It seems most have gravitated toward a more brand-specific forum. There have been a few issues reported (gas tank collapse, oil in intake, frozen steering) but they do not seem very widespread. No major issues like blown engines or turbos that I have seen. If I had the cash in the bank I wouldn’t be afraid to get one now.

I’d love to hear from owners also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well... Why would there be? They are all over there in the same forum.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Dootalk has some High mileage reports...
We test rode 1 for 150 miles..Love it...
Real different feel than our 1200's..Well balanced..
The 1.6 track is a must..

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got 1200 miles on mine and absolutely love it. Gas mileage is a bit better than my 16 Enduro 1200. The sled is also a bit colder, just have to dress differently that's all. Mine is all stock, top speed on the speedo is 109.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sno checked an X-ray 900 turbo and so far still stock, I’ve got 2000 miles on it without any problems at all. I think it’s very similar to an 800 for its capabilities. Top speed on mine is 105 on its dream meter with a 1.6 track with studs.
The ride is as comfortable as I’ve ever ridden and I’ve don several 2-300 mile days. The itc thing on sport mode isn’t as smooth a power delivery as I would like but standard mode is good. Hopefully they will update that eventually. Over all I love it and it’s ideal for long distance cruising. My buddies is tuned and clutched and he hits 120 on his speedometer-it’s a lot faster than mine.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Now we are talking! Got some responses. The dealer called me, they have a 900 turbo renegade enduro with the 1.6 Ice Ripper that I am going to look at tonight.

You guys getting similar fuel economy to the big 2 stroke twins? Or worse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2300 miles on mine. At 500 there was a software issue with throttle. It needed a patch to fix it bucking and not going over 20 mph when cold.
1500 mile gaspe trip after 2 ft of snow. Snow dust in cooling vents for turbo melts and freezes. In belly pain. Causes steering to freeze up and boots blown out. Ski do is aware and working on a screen to keep dust out. Otherwise the sled is awesome. Lots of acceleration and light weight

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m gettin 14.5 to 15 mpg / buddies tuned sled gets a little better 125miles is a good safe distance before getting gas

·
Registered
312 Posts
As far as fuel mileage, it's better than my 2016 Enduro 1200. I'm getting consistently around 17

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I guess I'll get to find out for myself. Just bought an Enduro 900T. Looking forward to be riding it this season! Got a skid plate, mirrors and the heavy duty bumper so I can tow the flip over. Feckin pumped.

Little worried I'll regret an xrs package for the shocks. I'm a big guy, will have to see how these air shocks work. I'm an old man now officially... I bought an enduro! Pick it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think you'll like it, it's a great sled and the air shock will give you handlebar adjustability. Did a 162 mile trip today and was up to 20mpg's. I'll bet if I was just cruising easy, I'd be very close to the n/a 900 version.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On my 2nd 1200 (2016 & 2018), looking forward to trying the 900T hear they're not so nose heavy. From leaked pics online think the new gade is going to be be manta green, debating the XRS too but the heated seat on the endure would be nice.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Here's a question for you Turbo owners, are you having any problems keeping the sled cool? My 800 etec Renegade has been tough to keep cool unless I'm in lots of fresh powder, temp constantly creeping up. It's studded, didn't trim the snow flap and installed the factory Doo scratcher kit. Looking at the Turbo to be my next purchase

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to get back to you on that. I got maybe a 10th of a mile on mine. It just the short tip around the yard and there was a lots steam coming from the tunnel.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No issues with keeping cool on mine. Normally runs 160-170. If trails are very hard, I drop down the scratchers and I'm pretty close back to normal temps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No issues at all as far as overheating goes even when others in the group are having problems, Have scratchers but haven’t needed them.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ice fished with my new 900T all weekend and even towing my shanty and having to drive slow it never got hot at all.

I don't think I'll be getting good mileage on this sled either, it's just too much fun to rip it. I was doing power wheelies all weekend. With good traction I can lift the skis at will, even at 30-40 mph. I don't think my 800 etec would do that. Torque for days! What a sled.

Can't wait to see what this thing is like with a tune!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts