Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on with this years registration and trail stickers? They are pathetically ugly, with a capital UGH! I mean, gold registration stickers and magenta trail stickers. I hate to ruin my sled with these ugly things. Can you mount them on the dash, inside the windshield to hide them or will I get in trouble by the DNR?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know what you mean. Pink just dosn`t go good with any sleds except for the mid 90`s Trail Barbies polaris had.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here's a little secret on the trail stickers. Take an old windshield stick the sticker on a chunk of the bottom of it. Trim it around the sticker stick it behind Your windshield and tell them You broke your windshield so You cut it off. As far as the Reg. stickers at least they aren't skipoo yellow like a couple years ago! ( on second thought yellow wouldn't look bad on My Team Arctic Green)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't put your stickers on the dash or behind the windshield- the DNR can make you replace them and put them in the right place.

I put the gold registration down low on the belly pan-I cleaned the plastic with rubbing alcohol first and then heated the sticker with a blowdryer before and after applying. I've got 200 miles on my F5 and the stickers are still there.

As far as the pink trail permit- in the sunlight it actually looks kinda purple and after a while you won't even notice it anyways,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
if you have a smoked or see thorugh green tint windsheild you can put that hidoius pink sticker on the back side of the gage pod so it is still visable through the w/s. Did this on my pops '03 ZR800, looks pretty good behind the tinted green w/s and is still plenty obvious for Johnny Law.

I placed the ugly gold registration stickers in the vent tward the rear of the belly pan. They are obvious enough, but do not stand out horribly on the sled.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by green team7@Dec 13 2002, 04:41 PM
I placed the ugly gold registration stickers in the vent tward the rear of the belly pan. They are obvious enough, but do not stand out horribly on the sled.
GT7,

I was thinking about putting mine there too. Does it fit pretty well?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I think that AC designed this vent for the sticker. You will need to fold the forward top corner inside the belly pan about 1/4 inch. I think it looks decient there and it not really obvious until you have a side profile of the sled.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I put that ugly ass trail permit verticle under the hood vent just below the headlight...(like it says on the back) I dont know if its legal but you can still see it. Here is a pic using paint program...the sticker is actually under the vent with the top showing if yer standing over the sled.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts