Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herd of a few of us that have melted plactic, looks like my wife placed her curling iron on it.
anyone else?
Pic would not upload but I placed it on arcticchat.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've got the same thing on mine, tabs by exhaust outlet are a little melted, I'm getting some run-on/backfire when shutting the ignition off, doesn't matter if I let it idle or just shut down???? I still think the damn thing is too rich on oil. But it beats the alternative! Unless of course it goes up in flames.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What the hell... guess I'd better take a closer look at mine too, just in case. Prob with the ECU??? Be VERY curious to know exactly what the problem is and what the proper fix is as well. – Roy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What the hell... guess I'd better take a closer look at mine too, just in case. Prob with the ECU??? Be VERY curious to know exactly what the problem is and what the proper fix is as well. – Roy[/b]
Thats what cat is telling my dealer

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
wow... thats too bad,,,,, man and i think theirs are not enought ecus out their,,, was told before only 100 new ones were made?????,,,, every one that has some miles on them should check them out for sure!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any of you have an air box mod installed.

More airflow will help lean these sleds out a little and make for better combustion. They are running super rich.[/b]
Not yet I have the speedwerx hi-flow but I wanted to run it stock for my 1st trip. good point!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Any of you have an air box mod installed.

More airflow will help lean these sleds out a little and make for better combustion. They are running super rich.[/b]
rich? i thought they were supposed to be on the edge of burning up for emissions purposes. not disagreeing with you but im seeing alot of contracticting information about these sleds.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey Sledneck700...I would say the F8 is overfueled, some would say rich...how else would you explain raw fuel burning out the exhaust. Mine was blowing fire out the exhaust and we had to kick snow on it before it would go out.

If it were running lean all fuel would be burnt and the motor would be running hotter....true??

·
Registered
370 Posts
Took mine in yesterday and had the oil pump adjusted, at first two turns,(he said to lean) then back to one turn, sled seems to smoke less but then again 50° outside so who knows, just a note putting the adjuster back on is much easier with two people, fish the linkage down from above with either a telescopic magnet or extended needle nose pliers, line up the linkage with the "ball" on the injection pump, then have someone with a long flat blade screwdriver from the PTO side pop the socket onto the ball. By coming in from the side in front of the primary and above the starter pinion(if Applicable) with the screwdriver you can then get leverage to push the socket on, you can also use the screwdriver to raise the pump lever up as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I got a call back from my dealer yesterday. AC Engineering is working on this issue and will have a fix very shortly. It does no good at this time for us to simply replace the side-panel until they come with the fix. I urge that you don't demand a replacement side-panel until the fix is announced so all of us that are affected have a chance to get a new one. My dealer was very helpful and he stated again that AC is aware of the issue and it is elavated in priority to get the issue resolved.

On a positive note: I don't think that it affects the performance on the sled. Mine runs right with the f7's. I was very suprised on this prior to running but the sled is so quiet that the sound I believe is decieving and I thought the sled had no chance on running with the F7's. I was wrong!!

I would like to put my y-pipe on to see if this does help with the back-firing but am concerned with warranty until the update is completed

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I got a call back from my dealer yesterday. AC Engineering is working on this issue and will have a fix very shortly. It does no good at this time for us to simply replace the side-panel until they come with the fix. I urge that you don't demand a replacement side-panel until the fix is announced so all of us that are affected have a chance to get a new one. My dealer was very helpful and he stated again that AC is aware of the issue and it is elavated in priority to get the issue resolved.

On a positive note: I don't think that it affects the performance on the sled. Mine runs right with the f7's. I was very suprised on this prior to running but the sled is so quiet that the sound I believe is decieving and I thought the sled had no chance on running with the F7's. I was wrong!!

I would like to put my y-pipe on to see if this does help with the back-firing but am concerned with warranty until the update is completed[/b]
So far so good on mine 240 miles I had a slight backfire once more like a pop than a backfire ,,also I do not put pre mix in the tank for break in,,( b/4 anyone says anything zr 8 10k miles never apart f7 5.9k miles same thing) just wondering maybe the Xtra oil is burning in the muffler? sometimes it takes 3-4 pulls to start when it's warmed up

1 - 20 of 38 Posts