Hardcore Sledder banner

MDOT F$$King SUCKS my future shirt

4K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Sled Solutions 
#1 ·
Holly Rd. on I-75 sat in a 15 mile back up because these morons were painting lines on Sunday on south bound I-75. We sat in traffic for 1 hour only to find out that they had 3 lanes down to 1 because they were painting lines on the road. I can't believe these dumb ass people that schedule this shit are that clueless.

SUNDAY = Triple time
SUNDAY = People returning for home from Up North
SUNDAY = MDOT painting lines on the busiest expressway in Michigan
3 Lanes down to 1 on SUNDAY = A complete cluster f**K as usual on I-75 and a 1 hour delay.

THANK YOU MDOT!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

#2 ·
Sooo, you think they should do it like Monday morning around 8am?? WTF. They pick a non-holiday weekend, when traffic is lowest, they DONT get 3x, a couple people up north inconvenienced in the name of safety (we NEED lines!).... EZ there big fella, snow is coming!! Dont like 75, get off and take Dixie, M13, M15...plenty of alt routes... and they make a nice change of pace!

When would YOU schedule it? 2am? Who would want that shift, with the drunks? Oh, and I think 696 is the busiest, per mile, btw.

#3 ·
Originally posted by yamahauler@Oct 10 2005, 08:09 AM
Sooo, you think they should do it like Monday morning around 8am?? WTF.  They pick a non-holiday weekend, when traffic is lowest, they DONT get 3x, a couple people up north inconvenienced in the name of safety (we NEED lines!)....  EZ there big fella, snow is coming!!  Dont like 75, get off and take Dixie, M13, M15...plenty of alt routes... and they make a nice change of pace!

When would YOU schedule it? 2am? Who would want that shift, with the drunks?  Oh, and I think 696 is the busiest, per mile, btw.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919295
[/quote]

Yamahauler, I agree with you 100%. Paul when would be a good time? Certainly not during the week when I for one cannot be late for work otherwise I lose my job. The only bitch I have about MDOT is why the hell do they have every highway and major road under construction 90% of the time and there is no easy way to avoid it.

#4 ·
Originally posted by gpxsrxracer@Oct 10 2005, 09:34 AM
Yamahauler, I agree with you 100%. Paul when would be a good time?
I do, too, but I was just bustin his chops a bit... our roads are crap because they use crap materials and do a crap job, but hey, they have the exclusive contract. Hmm, wonder how THAT works? :banghead:

#5 ·
Do it at night. Almost every state they do highway work at night. Here in WI they recently have done lane closures(sp?) from 10pm to 6am. Believe me the guys DON"T mind, they get time and a half when working third shift.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Jsho13@Oct 10 2005, 08:53 AM
Do it at night.  Almost every state they do highway work at night.  Here in WI they recently have done lane closures(sp?) from 10pm to 6am.  Believe me the guys DON"T mind, they get time and a half when working third shift.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919365
[/quote]

My guess is you've never sat on a paver in the middle of the night to say that the guys don't mind working 3rd shift. It blows.

#7 ·
Originally posted by yamahauler@Oct 10 2005, 09:09 AM
Sooo, you think they should do it like Monday morning around 8am?? WTF.  They pick a non-holiday weekend, when traffic is lowest, they DONT get 3x, a couple people up north inconvenienced in the name of safety (we NEED lines!)....  EZ there big fella, snow is coming!!  Dont like 75, get off and take Dixie, M13, M15...plenty of alt routes... and they make a nice change of pace!

When would YOU schedule it? 2am? Who would want that shift, with the drunks?  Oh, and I think 696 is the busiest, per mile, btw.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919295
[/quote]

I usually do take alternative routes if I know a problem is ahead but this came out of no where.

How about Saturday when 95% of the folks up north are not going home.

How about middle of the night. Every job has it's risk's so midnight would have been a good time.

Dennis your not going to win this one with me, that was just poor planning on MDOT's part period. :frech32:

#8 ·
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Oct 10 2005, 11:09 AM
but this came out of no wear.
Im sure its been planned for a long time...they just forgot to call you! :frech11:

Not Saturday night...date night... HCS Hooters night...

Mid-nite maybe... write em a letter, see what they say. :dunno:

LOL re: win... there's no reasoning with a brick. :smiley-faces7:

#9 ·
Originally posted by yamahauler@Oct 10 2005, 11:25 AM
Im sure its been planned for a long time...they just forgot to call you!  :frech11:

Not Saturday night...date night... HCS Hooters night...

Mid-nite maybe... write em a letter, see what they say.  :dunno:

LOL re: win... there's no reasoning with a brick.  :smiley-faces7:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919522
[/quote]

Logic speaks for itself and they used none with that project.

When I said out of no where I meant I didn't know it was happening so I could plan a route around it.

#10 ·
Dear MDOT, please inform me when you want to do construction and painting. Saturday would have been best for me even though it was raining all afternoon and evening on and off all day in S.E. Michigan. You could paint in the rain or just do it at night like 2:00 in the morning, its not like you have any kind of family or normal life to go home to. I have a normal life and I dont like it when I'm inconvenienced driving to and from home because you have to do painting or any other construction work. Please try and accomodate me as I am most important.

This is a dumb thread! :drunk:

#11 ·
If you think this is a stupid thread then don't read it. Read else where.

It's part of their job...if I had the benefits and pay scale they do not to mention job security I sure as hell wouldn't complain about when I worked. I don't recall any rain in the area on Saturday but I'm sure from the tone of your thread it probably rains over your house a lot.

Plain and simple road construction is a necessary evil and we all have to deal with it but something tells me even the dumbest individuals could understand the importance of keeping expressways open during peak driving times. But maybe not, you guys must work for the Road Commision in your town.

#13 ·
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Oct 10 2005, 01:38 PM
It's part of their job...if I had the benefits and pay scale they do not to mention job security I sure as hell wouldn't complain about when I worked.
I think they are hiring... want an app?
  I don't recall any rain in the area on Saturday[/b]
Yea, it did at your house about 6pm...
the importance of keeping expressways open during peak driving times.[/b]
So Sunday evening is now peak time?? Trust me, as a weekend warrior on the hwy I relate to this thread, but weekends other than holiday are off peak. Middleofthenite may be better, but Im sure there is a reason they didnt/dont. I DO see const crews way late laying cement, but not stripers.

#14 ·
I guess this is why I usually keep my views to my self. I guess I'm just different then all the other kids. :smilielol:

I'm done now you guys can have the thread I'm not going to continue to argue about it, I've made my point whether you agree with it or not it's all mine and you can't change it. :frech11:

#15 ·
Thats ok, Paul, your dog still loves you...or at least the bone around your neck. :frech11: Keep your view to yourself? Now, what fun would that be?? :dunno:

#16 ·
Originally posted by yamahauler@Oct 10 2005, 02:26 PM
Thats ok, Paul, your dog still loves you...or at least the bone around your neck.  :frech11:  Keep your view to yourself? Now, what fun would that be??  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919885
[/quote]
My dog does still love me....at least I think he does. :dunno:

Not much but I sure would piss a lot of people off since I think so "different". :lol2: :frech32: :nuts:

#17 ·
Got lucky and my buddy who was an hour ahead of me coming home called and told me about the backup. Took 475 around which was empty and had to tell the wife twice to slow down as she was doing over 80 pulling the trailer.

#20 ·
Id just like to say I got lucky,parking lot started at holly exit ,at 3pm I worked off this exit.That would of been the worst day for me to be late as only two of us work on that day(need 2 to keep shop open)& Im trying to get on 1st shift right now& that was one of my selling points that Im always here on time.Glad you pointed this out because nothing else has been working out lately. :summer_sucks:

#22 ·
Originally posted by polarisidiot@Oct 10 2005, 12:38 PM
If you think this is a stupid thread then don't read it.  Read else where.
It's part of their job...if I had the benefits and pay scale they do not to mention job security I sure as hell wouldn't complain about when I worked.  I don't recall any rain in the area on Saturday but I'm sure from the tone of your thread it probably rains over your house a lot.
Plain and simple road construction is a necessary evil and we all have to deal with it but something tells me even the dumbest individuals could understand the importance of keeping expressways open during peak driving times.  But maybe not, you guys must work for the Road Commision in your town.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919785
[/quote]

I will read where I please thank you! Even if it sucks!

Didn't rain Saturday? You would make a great forcaster on the weather channel.

"Rains over my house alot"--- Sucks when your wrong doesn't it.

This gets me the most, you are complaining about their bennies and pay and so on but you would be the first to complain about working only when some Paul guy wants you to, like in the middle of the night or whatever. I bet they are hireing and maybe you could change the whole system setup and save everyone their grief. Hell you could even forcast the weather for them too! :smilielol:

You overreacted to this and saying you want to make a shirt that says MDOT F$$King SUCKS is dumb. Alot of things suck in this world and that isnt any different than anything else.

#23 ·
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Oct 10 2005, 07:34 PM
this was a holiday weekend
Columbus Day is not considered a holiday weekend...get real.

#24 ·
I get a kick out of all you people that are pissed off about road work. If the lines werent painted and if there was a bad wreck because of it and one of your family members was lost you would try and sue the state because of poor road lines. Or your the same people that bitch about how bad the roads are. than they go out and fix them and have lanes closed and you sit in traffic and bitch. How else are the roads suppossed to be worked on smart ass. Lets hear a way. Also you probably dont slow down threw work zones. Dont worry your day will come. I guess till you actually do that kind of work to relize what its like you wont know.

#26 ·
Originally posted by firegrizz7@Oct 10 2005, 09:31 PM
I get a kick out of all you people that are pissed off about road work. If the lines werent painted and if there was a bad wreck because of it and one of your family members was lost you would try and sue the state because of poor road lines. Or your the same people that bitch about how bad the roads are. than they go out and fix them and have lanes closed and you sit in traffic and bitch. How else are the roads suppossed to be worked on smart ass. Lets hear a way. Also you probably dont slow down threw work zones. Dont worry your day will come. I guess till you actually do that kind of work to relize what its like you wont know.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921041
[/quote]
simmer down fluffy. i'm really amazed at how you people really take this
to heart. he was just blowing off some steam for christs sake.

if I can learn to let this kinda shit go, ANYONE can. lighten up. :frech32:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.