Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we had an extensive thread on MBRP cans in the past, but as I recall, the thread was more about what they sounded like and not how they preformed. Could the folks using the MBRP cans please give some feedback on the product after is was installed. Likes, dislikes?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
top speed rpm droped a couple hundred rpm (I think from the can) has a bit of a drone while cruising, didnt notice any performance gain

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've got a rumble-pack can on and I love it. I couldn't find a MBRP(that's what I wanted) so grabbed a R-P. It's basically the same sound(tone) as the MBRP, maybe even a little louder. No performance gains from what I can tell either. Sounds bad as sh*t though. Looks cool too. Worth the money?...yeah if you want to make noise.
I have a crappy mpeg of it at idle w/ a couple of 3000rpm revs if you want it emailed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey AC F7...I'd like that lil mpeg of your machine...I have the MBRP...and would like to hear what the Rumble Pack Sounds like..my email is [email protected]ks :)

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys! I would take you up on the offer AC F7, but I all ready bought the MBRP can. Unfortunately I don’t think I will get a chance to try it out until next year. Snow is melting around here....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm just throwing the rumble-pack out there for comparison. I not saying one is better than the other....they're both the same. I've seen both though and the MBRP was welded alittle better.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s cool AC F7. I appreciate the input. That is what makes this site great!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did anyone check their gas to oil usage after installing the can?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Don't waste your money on cans, my pipe split today on the front bend, sounds awesome now roaring and snarling under the hood. Just take your stock exhaust, split a seam open about 6 inches long and you'll be happy, I guarantee it! :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont really like the mbrp so imah wait till next year and see what they come out with..i like the tone of Blackmagics rt canister..i havent heard that anyone has even gotten any power gain tho..so i think imah just get speedwerx's twin pipes and clutch kit....i've looked at all the performance manufactures already and speed werx is the best by far! compare there shit with black magic and d & d speed werx has more horses for the same price..pretty much.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have the sno-stuff rumble pack and love it, yes its pretty throaty!
my riding buddys say they can here me behind them plain as day when i'm on the throttle!
idling its just a low rumble!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an mbrp on my F7 and on my sons F5. His F5 seems to have more low end torque commin outta the hole. On my F7 however, there is no noticeable change at any speed. Just sounds great!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Mar 11 2003, 08:27 PM
top speed rpm droped a couple hundred rpm (I think from the can) has a bit of a drone while cruising, didnt notice any performance gain
cant you adjust your secondary adn make your rpms go back up causig performance gains???

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i did not loose any top end rpm,
and as the others stated no noticeable performance, they only claim 3 more h.p. wich i did not expect to notice! 9 lbs lighter though, right side keeps coming off the ground now! j/k :p

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
arcticrider600

yeah but I want to wait and see it it was snow conditions before I mess around. was running perfect last time I was up but that was before the can so who knows.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by AC F7@Mar 11 2003, 08:45 PM
I've got a rumble-pack can on and I love it. I couldn't find a MBRP(that's what I wanted) so grabbed a R-P. It's basically the same sound(tone) as the MBRP, maybe even a little louder. No performance gains from what I can tell either. Sounds bad as sh*t though. Looks cool too. Worth the money?...yeah if you want to make noise.
I have a crappy mpeg of it at idle w/ a couple of 3000rpm revs if you want it emailed.
hey man, if possible, can I get one of them mpegs of yours too please, i'm at [email protected] thank you very much

1 - 20 of 37 Posts