Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge on the conditions?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was on the railbed south of Hwy 7 today from Kaladar to Sharbot lake...it was good overall...few rough spots..could always use more snow. I spoke to some sledders who tried to go north from Kaladar...the swamps and water crossings forced them to turn around. Having said that I also heard that there were 50 or sleds that started from the Moosehorn and the trails were supposed to be quite good. I rode the railbed from Trudys gas on Hwy 62 north into Bancroft yesterday and it was pretty decent as well...again a few rough spots...but overall quite good.

Sean

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I haven't been out but my source says the base held up well from grooming that started Dec 3rd but the low spots have collected water and exposed rocks. You can get around but every hilltop should be checked out. -28 last night and the same for tonite, that should firm up the nasty ice conditions. Be very cautious and expect ice heaves on the lakes.

Can't wait, I should have a brake hand by this w/end !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trails around Snow Road should be in pretty good shape, K&P groomers have been out this week,
a few swamps aren't frozen enough yet for groomers but this week should help that

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys! and odot1 if /when you do another patrol from your base and can take a couple tag alongs(my son and I) let me know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts