Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Polaris tried to acquire KTM, but did not. Maybe they sure acquire the motorcycle Gas-Gas, it is a Spanish company that makes motocross, enduro, trials, and quads. They produce their own two-stroke engines and even have a side valve four-stroke that will be out in 2009 check it out. http://www.gasgas.com/images/fourstroke/4stroke_diag.jpg[/b]
They did not try to buy KTM,Rumor only, they have a limited partnership with them. Acording to Snow Goer and POLARIS. POO news section on Polaris vehicle site reported this 1+ year ago.
Some other rumors were that POO was moving to NORWAY. Also debunked by POO on their web site.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would think KTM is too big of a company for Polaris to just buy out. Plus I think KTM is in a way better financial state than Polaris, their dirt bikes and supporting hardware are the tits!!!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I would think KTM is too big of a company for Polaris to just buy out. Plus I think KTM is in a way better financial state than Polaris, their dirt bikes and supporting hardware are the tits!!![/b]

arent they missing something usually located on the bottom of the bike? LOL

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
polaris owns 25% of ktm and uses a 525cc ktm motor in the outlaw quad[/b]
They're using KTM's 450cc motor as well in their new Outlaw 450 race quad. This quad received excellent reviews in the latest issue of ATV Sport for anyone who cares.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Polaris sold back to KTM its shares of stock. Thought it might be interesting to see peoples reaction if Polaris bought a small motorcycle company to complete the Victory line. You can bet you will see a KTM engine in a Polaris sled in the near future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Polaris sold back to KTM its shares of stock. Thought it might be interesting to see peoples reaction if Polaris bought a small motorcycle company to complete the Victory line. You can bet you will see a KTM engine in a Polaris sled in the near future. :thumbsup:[/b]
NICE AVATAR, Long standing member of the KISS ARMY here.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Maybe Polaris should...........Stop making their sleds so Fast.?
It is embarassing to Ski-doo and the others.

Should we ask Polaris to screw up on the clutching and make the engines only 100hp so the others can keep up??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts