Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since Minnesota isn’t getting any snow, the lakes are bare and there are some radar runs coming up I was thinking of studding the track on my 94 Storm. I have a 1.25 Ripsaw track and I would probably go with 96 studs down the middle. My question is what is longest studs I can put on my sled without having to run an excessively tight track? I have the stock drivers, I think they are 9 tooth. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, first you should see if you have tunnel protectors in there and how much clearance there is between your track and the front heat exchanger. If there is lots of room in there I would go with 1.5" studs, that should be plnty for what you want to do. 96 isn't enough I dont think though, I would go 120. I had that many in my RXL and it hooked up great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sled has tunnel protectors in it and the there isn’t a heat exchanger in the front like there was on the RXL. It seems there is clearance for 1.5in studs but I always thought that with the wedge, the longest you could go was 1.25, so that’s why I’m wondering? Thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
With your setup the only way 2 stud a 1.25 track is to install 8 tooth drivers . We had the same problem with a 95 storm 1 inch track 1.175 studs ate threw the underside of the gas tank, then installed 8 tooth drivers and run 1.325 studs with no problems hitting . Hope this helps .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts