Registered
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some would say they never stopped making great sleds. :div20:
Cap'n

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Do they ever say anything really bad about any sled before the season starts ?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Originally posted by born to ride@Sep 7 2005, 08:49 PM
There is always one none yamaha guy trying to put yamaha down!!! Yes lastyear the fusion 900.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864956
[/quote]
Slow down there pal. I'm not putting them down. Just stating that usually the mag's have glowing reports about any sled.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by rob7374@Sep 7 2005, 07:46 PM
Do they ever say anything really bad about any sled before the season starts ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864950
[/quote]
Sure do. They did a review of the '06 Polaris 700 RMK that wasnt favorable: http://www.maximumsled.com/maximumsled/sno...id=679&zoneid=3
Not trying to bash, but here are some quotes from that article:
“I would recommend this sled if the person just had to have a Polaris. It’s a good machine, but there are better ones on the market.”
“It still vibrates like the 900cc.”
Cap'n

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been a polaris guy since beginning of time,then when the rev came out I switched to the rev.
But I have a really great dealer near me sells both Polaris and Yamaha,when Rx1 came out he told me not to buy one(not for my style of riding).
I walked in for the first time,in two years, last weekend(does not sell skidoo)to look at the polaris.
I never made it past the yamaha he told me buy it you will be very happy.I talked to him for an hour about it.
So if and when I buy another Sled it will be a yamaha

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stopped by the local Yamaha/Polaris dealer today. Their head mechanic is a die-hard Polaris guy and he always used to give me a hard time about liking Yamahas.
The comment he made today about the Apex sums it up. He pointed over to the Apex RTX they had sitting in the showroom and said to me, "you see that Apex? Those things are f*cking awsome!!!" Pretty good when you consider he's a die-hard Polaris guy...
Cap'n

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes that does sum it up,I am very happy with my ski-doo but I will be buying a new yamaha,when i buy.Old sleds I have owned !986 indy trail,1990 indy 500,1996 60xcr,1997 indy storm,1998 xc700,1999xcr800,2000 800 polaris,2002xc polaris,2003 ski-doo 800 rev,

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Originally posted by Captain_Toyota@Sep 8 2005, 07:54 PM
I stopped by the local Yamaha/Polaris dealer today.  Their head mechanic is a die-hard Polaris guy and he always used to give me a hard time about liking Yamahas.
The comment he made today about the Apex sums it up.  He pointed over to the Apex RTX they had sitting in the showroom and said to me, "you see that Apex?  Those things are f*cking awsome!!!"  Pretty good when you consider he's a die-hard Polaris guy...
Cap'n
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866491
[/quote]

He has an RTX on his showroom floor? Thats the first RTX I've heard at the dealers. I only thought that Apex ER's and Attaks were in. I thought the RTX and GT's were delayed because of the shocks. :dunno:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have my APex GT Booked. Trading in my Yamaha Warrior which I really liked. It was my first Yamaha, I dont think I'll own anything else again. Yamaha quality and reliability has been great. Now they have the best sleds as well.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by Captain_Toyota@Sep 7 2005, 08:06 PM
Some would say they never stopped making great sleds.  :div20:
Cap'n
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864844
[/quote]
I beg to differ, the RX-1 was not that great. The viper has a suspension of a board and slow as hell in stock form. Even the RX-1 was slow in stock form and not a well balanced sled. The only good thing Yamaha had going for it up till know was the fit and finish and the reliablilty. The 06 Apex has changed that.....

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You may see a little strong reaction to that Rotax. For many of us the RX-1 was an awesome sled. No problems with it and it could do anything the cats and polaris's could do. The rev had it beat in the rough, of course they had everyone beat.

I know with the monoshock my 05 could hammer with any of my riding partners like a 2 stroker. And we'd get out on the resovoir and I'd take them there. It's just that the Apex is so much better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's fine I don't live in a glass house, I can take it. From my personal experience of driving and racing an RX-1 and a Viper, they may compare to the other MF's, but not to the REV, until the Apex was born. Now's Yamaha has passed the other two MF's and is damn close to the REV or equal as far chassis is concerned and the mill is still to be determined, but I am willing to dive in.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Originally posted by jds800Rev@Sep 8 2005, 09:25 PM
He has an RTX on his showroom floor? Thats the first RTX I've heard at the dealers. I only thought that Apex ER's and Attaks were in. I thought the RTX and GT's were delayed because of the shocks. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866726
[/quote]

Edited for content. Please keep personal attacks out.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by jds800Rev@Sep 8 2005, 08:25 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866726
[/quote]
Its got the Floats on it and the handlebar pad says, "RTX" on it. You tell me. :dunno:
I know that some orders for the GTs couldnt be filled because Ohlins cant keep up with the demand for the electric shock. Im not aware of any supply issues with the Fox Floats.
Cap'n

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Rotax!@Sep 9 2005, 09:02 AM
I beg to differ, the RX-1 was not that great.  The viper has a suspension of a board and slow as hell in stock form.  Even the RX-1 was slow in stock form and not a well balanced sled.  The only good thing Yamaha had going for it up till know was the fit and finish and the reliablilty.  The 06 Apex has changed that.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867233
[/quote]
Just because they werent the fastest, most well-suspended sleds on the snow doesnt mean they werent great. The Viper was one heck of a dependable, fuel-efficient sled that still had great potention to be very fast with a few simple mods. The RX-1 is very fast in stock form and with a turbo there isnt a sled under 1,000cc that can run with it.
Cap'n

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Originally posted by Rotax!@Sep 9 2005, 11:02 AM
I beg to differ, the RX-1 was not that great.  The viper has a suspension of a board and slow as hell in stock form.  Even the RX-1 was slow in stock form and not a well balanced sled.  The only good thing Yamaha had going for it up till know was the fit and finish and the reliablilty.  The 06 Apex has changed that.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867233
[/quote]

The 05 RX1 was an awesome sled, don't kid yourself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts