Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what the peak RPM should be at?Seems I remember 7800 but I'm not sure.I seem to be a little high at just over 8000 and am wondering if I might be losing a little performance.Every one says they can beat the 800 Rev,but it just kills me out of the hole and I cant run it down.My F7 doesnt seem reel snappy down low,but has strong mid range to top .

·
Registered
148 Posts
You could be spinning the track on take off which would cause you to over rev and get beat out of the hole. Something to think about ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have taken one thick and one thin shim out ,and still have 2 shims left,the belt is about right with about 1 inch of deflection.My top end is over 8000 and it should be lower I thought.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If your top end is over 8000 but your pulling at 7800 your running out of gear. Try 23/40. It will give you more on top. If you overrev that you should be going over 120mph.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Does anyone know what the Max RPM is supposed to be? I put 110 miles on my standard F7 this weekend on Fence Lake in Wisconsin. Snow conditions were glare ice with a few patches of snow. Most of the snow blew to one side of the lake and it was pretty good running over there. After about 70 miles I filled the tank with straight gas (no pre-mix) and switched to the regular fuel mode. I started opening it up for short bursts and when I got about 100 miles on it started holding it wide open to see what I could get. The first time I hit 110 mph on the analog speedo. Maybe a 2500 foot run. The next time I got 112 mph on the digital. The next time I was running my cousin on his 2001 t-cat and we were side by side all the way down the lake. My speedo was on analog again and it looked like it was just over 115 mph. My max RPM came in at 7960. Is that high, low or right were it needs to be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts