Hardcore Sledder banner
141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
i switched to buying leftovers after 1 snowcheck. same old line, order now or you won't get the color/track/etc. that you want. and the biggest lie, dealers will have no floor stock, snow check only. so i order mine, comes in august. then in october they are all over the place, better price than i paid, and extra warranty. last snowcheck

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
So who here has a "cut off" date in mind. As in if they don't have their new sled by x date they will just eat the $500 deposit and let the sled be the dealer/Polaris's problem. Due to new hunting dates here in the South of the thru way part of NY we can't ride till after Jan 1st. So I guess I will give them till early January. But would love to see it in my garage between Christmas and New Years.
If Polaris really cares about its customers and sees issues with getting people sleds by xmas they should without a doubt let customers back out of the order at no cost. Full deposit back. Decision would need to be made by December 1st. I would consider if they told me mid January before I would see my sled.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So who here has a "cut off" date in mind. As in if they don't have their new sled by x date they will just eat the $500 deposit and let the sled be the dealer/Polaris's problem. Due to new hunting dates here in the South of the thru way part of NY we can't ride till after Jan 1st. So I guess I will give them till early January. But would love to see it in my garage between Christmas and New Years.
if I have it by Jan 1st I'm happy. if I don't have it by jan 20th, I'll probably move on

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
492 Posts
I have purchased several leftovers over the years. Usually at about 75% of MSRP. Seemed liked screaming deals until I rode a sled with a top of the line shock package and you don’t get them on dealer stock sleds. Now, at 52, I really want the best ride I can get for my riding style. That said, when I ordered my 22 XCR, I told the dealer that if it isn’t here by January 1st , I don’t want it. I have a great relationship with him and I’m sure he’ll move my deposit to a 23.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
39 Posts
My last Yamaha I bought I paid 9k, rode it 6500 miles... all I needed to do with change the oil once a season/chaincase fluid and sold it for 8600 end of season. So for me it was worth the risk to snowcheck new. My dealer originally said late Aug. ship date on my VR1 but have not heard back since I ordered some of my accessories. As long as I have it by Dec 1 I'll be happy.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I have purchased several leftovers over the years. Usually at about 75% of MSRP. Seemed liked screaming deals until I rode a sled with a top of the line shock package and you don’t get them on dealer stock sleds. Now, at 52, I really want the best ride I can get for my riding style. That said, when I ordered my 22 XCR, I told the dealer that if it isn’t here by January 1st , I don’t want it. I have a great relationship with him and I’m sure he’ll move my deposit to a 23.
my last 2 were xcrs . 18 xcr800 bought as a leftover in 19 , and the current 21 xcr850 i bought in march of this year. it was built in january. the 18 was a great deal. the 21 was not discounted much but the 18 got decent trade . not a cheap sport , and i do believe that is my last new sled. hope that 850 has the longevity they claimed

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I still am in shock with you all claiming big coin on used sleds. I sold my 21 VR1 for what I would expect to get on any given year. And I see a bunch of the same sleds for sale now as I did back in spring when I sold mine. And with that being said no way will I take my new xcr with the expectations of selling it for break even or more. If I take it, it will be to ride. So hopefully it is on time, for me they still have more than 90 days to make that happen.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i switched to buying leftovers after 1 snowcheck. same old line, order now or you won't get the color/track/etc. that you want. and the biggest lie, dealers will have no floor stock, snow check only. so i order mine, comes in august. then in october they are all over the place, better price than i paid, and extra warranty. last snowcheck
i agree with this on normal years for sure. But definitely won’t be the case this year.
People buying snowchecks that were backed out on won’t be getting any discount like the original snow checker got. And Polaris isn’t offering any $ rebates or extra warranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I looked for a "leftover 21" Polaris last year... everything was within 200$ of me snowchecking exactly what I want, with the color I want, track, etc. For me, 200$ was worth it to spring order.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I looked for a "leftover 21" Polaris last year... everything was within 200$ of me snowchecking exactly what I want, with the color I want, track, etc. For me, 200$ was worth it to spring order.
But my Viper a few years back I saved almost 5K off MSRP when I bought that leftover... all depends on the market. Still am surprised Polaris hasn't offered an incentives on the 21s.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
492 Posts
My dealer had two 21 demos when I snowchecked. I asked him about them. He sad snowchecking a new 22 would be less than he could sell either demo for.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Agreed. Made zero sense to look at 21s when the price was right there with a 2022.
Agree, most people paid less snow checking a 22 then they would buying a 21
Plus you get to pick what track you want and colors, which in my opinion is great because the 21 colors left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,154 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and asked the question of if he had any news on when the Matryx sleds would start shipping. he said Polaris keeps him in the dark so not much info to share. I also asked if he heard any bad news like set backs from computer chip shortages or shocks. He then said he hasn't heard of any issues there. What he did offer for information was that he heard 90% of sleds will be delivered before the end of November. Most of the rest would be delivered in December. Same as any year he figured there might be a few that don't arrive until January. He figured that deliveries would be on track to be like most years and didn't see that there would be as much Late arrival drama as what we saw last year. I know this doesn't likely give a lot of information or excitement for guys biting at the bit looking for their sleds to be home in the garage now or in September. I at least felt some comfort in knowing he hadn't heard of any complications yet and was looking forward to a normal delivery schedule.

My guess would be we will start seeing sleds delivered in late October and lots of shipments going out in November??

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
161 Posts
Tried to check my order status via link from snow check confirmation email this week and didn't work. I had some time and decided to just call Polaris. Got someone right away on the phone. Was told my model was scheduled to start production in late September and to expect delivery Oct or early Nov. Very helpful and said to call anytime I had questions and that they appreciate hearing from customers. Rather refreshing customer service 👍
I ordered a VR1 850 129.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got this email last week, I didn't actually reach out for the sled, I assume they opened a case for all my orders because I called about the riding jacket and pants I ordered that weren't delivered yet (they are backordered until december). Anyway, looks like may not be any delays. fingers crossed.
Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Number

·
Registered
170 Posts
That’s good
Got this email last week, I didn't actually reach out for the sled, I assume they opened a case for all my orders because I called about the riding jacket and pants I ordered that weren't delivered yet (they are backordered until december). Anyway, looks like may not be any delays. fingers crossed.
View attachment 2122708
that is good news. Atleast an actual email from Polaris. Not a rumor like the 100 different ones going around

141 - 160 of 198 Posts