Hardcore Sledder banner
121 - 140 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,462 Posts
i'm sure you have seen the mass of trucks just sitting. gonna be some nice brake rotors and such when they finally show up . we don't have shit right now. parts are scarce. brake parts especially tough
I was thinking about this the other day - if all these trucks are sitting outside in the rain and sun, I can't imagine how those will look when they finally show up on dealer lots. Most likely they won't be on a dealer lot very long, as I'd be willing to bet there are names on a lot of them already, when they show up.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It’s all parts not just chips, batteries are real hard to come by, tracks are on back order belts and tires are said to be hard to get also. I did my spring parts order for fall earlier than ever and I have everything but batteries and tracks.
I don't doubt parts will be hard to come by during the season. Polaris had 8 months to order my parts, they should have them by now. We also heard this Spring that Polaris was out placing orders for sled parts before snowcheck even ended. They also went away from Walker Evans shocks being on all sleds to diversify who they depend on. Assuming we don't see any significant shutdowns this Fall, Polaris doesn't have an excuse to not deliver our sleds by Xmas in my eyes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
even if you ordered the correct number of parts (always tough to do), and you did so with enough time for them to be made even without production shortages (completely unpredictable forces at play here), you still have to get all your parts and even that is proving difficult with stuff like this going on:

I certainly HOPE the sled makers all meet their deadlines. But at this point, nothing would surprise me. And to say the excuses don't apply because the impact from Covid was last year is just wishful thinking. Last year's issues were just the beginning, this year there are some of the same and an abundance of new ones... and they're not going away any time in 2021 or early 2022.

sleds are already being shipped missing ECM's instead of shocks this time around

·
Registered
29 Posts
even if you ordered the correct number of parts (always tough to do), and you did so with enough time for them to be made even without production shortages (completely unpredictable forces at play here), you still have to get all your parts and even that is proving difficult with stuff like this going on:

sleds are already being shipped missing ECM's instead of shocks this time around
And seats and gauges that's on Ski-Doo sleds so all the manufacturers are going to have the same challenges regardless how good they tried to plan.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
492 Posts
I was on the Ram Truck Forum the other day. There are a lot of pissed off Ram customers. “Here’s your new truck. Sorry we deleted your collision avoidance, surround view camera, etc…”. Chips are in everything, even the taillights.
If my XCR doesn’t come, it’s not the end of the world.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I was on the Ram Truck Forum the other day. There are a lot of pissed off Ram customers. “Here’s your new truck. Sorry we deleted your collision avoidance, surround view camera, etc…”. Chips are in everything, even the taillights.
If my XCR doesn’t come, it’s not the end of the world.
Seems like a lot of auto companies are doing this. cutting some options in order to make more trucks. Some have said buying a 2021 model you is a mistake as they could be worth less down the road given they had fewer options. I've also seen rebates off MSRP for these options being deleted is pretty minimal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well we may have one good thing going for us. the extra money from the government ended yesterday. so maybe someone taking in 700 a week will now ne down to 400. might be enough to get them out. but we all wondered, what kind of person waits until they are forced back to work? not gonna be worth a shit anyway
[/
well we may have one good thing going for us. the extra money from the government ended yesterday. so maybe someone taking in 700 a week will now ne down to 400. might be enough to get them out. but we all wondered, what kind of person waits until they are forced back to work? not gonna be worth a shit anyway
America has been sold for a buck! If we all die from the virus we couldn’t make a shovel to bury ourself. This whole shutdown should be teaching us .. but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,436 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about dying from the chinese virus, but that's the whole thing, people are or at least use it as a reason to be lazy & slack. I cannot believe what I see & hear on a daily basis.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about dying from the chinese virus, but that's the whole thing, people are or at least use it as a reason to be lazy & slack. I cannot believe what I see & hear on a daily basis.
I agree, I’m by no means worried about dyeing .. not living in fear or will be controlled by fear. One of the best things I did this last yr was to get rid of cable and turn that crap off.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
So who here has a "cut off" date in mind. As in if they don't have their new sled by x date they will just eat the $500 deposit and let the sled be the dealer/Polaris's problem. Due to new hunting dates here in the South of the thru way part of NY we can't ride till after Jan 1st. So I guess I will give them till early January. But would love to see it in my garage between Christmas and New Years.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
So who here has a "cut off" date in mind. As in if they don't have their new sled by x date they will just eat the $500 deposit and let the sled be the dealer/Polaris's problem. Due to new hunting dates here in the South of the thru way part of NY we can't ride till after Jan 1st. So I guess I will give them till early January. But would love to see it in my garage between Christmas and New Years.
Would have to be very late in Jan. Even then I wouldn't "eat" the $500. I got a large enough discount that I am sure I could sell it for a profit.

Reactions: bzrperfspec

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, a dealer will have no problem selling your canceled sled... he will make even more and and it will last about a day on the floor. And Polaris gets 500 more dollars .i already see post about people looking for cancellations to grab.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Would have to be very late in Jan. Even then I wouldn't "eat" the $500. I got a large enough discount that I am sure I could sell it for a profit.
Would love to see it sometime late November/first week of December.. Trails don't open until Dec.15th here but I'll have a track swap, skis, bars and a wrap to install.

Agreed that worse case I receive the sled late and immediately sell for a $1500-2k profit in stock form..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Would love to see it sometime late November/first week of December.. Trails don't open until Dec.15th here but I'll have a track swap, skis, bars and a wrap to install.

Agreed that worse case I receive the sled late and immediately sell for a $1500-2k profit in stock form..
It is temping if it comes in very late. Just will never order one again. I know it’s not the manufacture but this was my last new sled I’ll ever order. Said I would never pay this much for a sled but I sold two newer sleds for top dollar with the way the market was.Had guys fighting over them in June !

121 - 140 of 199 Posts