Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I remember snow checking sleds in the early 2000s. Calling for an update was unheard of. Never even an option for any manufacturer. The sled would show up November-December. Just like they do now. Now everyone needs to know and have things immediately.

If people don’t think the whole covid BS has an impact the last two years, you’re just not being realistic. Unfortunately we’re in for a new normal for years to come. Tim hortons down the street can’t even open because no one will work but y’all think a snowmobile should be here right on time 🤣. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I think you will start to see some movement on sleds in the next 30 days. Likely start shipping snowcheck models in late October with delivery in November/December. Polaris knows it can't wait until December 1st to start shipping as that will then take forever.

·
Registered
2022 SBA Matryx 146
334 Posts
Inquiring where in the building process and when the most popular sled model might be shipping is that crazy? Considering we’ve all been kept in the dark in comparison to every other sled manufacturer’s spring checks? No ones freaking out, merely looking for a straight answer.
Knowing social media, you'll know within 4 minutes from when the 1st sled has been shipped...It's coming.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I remember snow checking sleds in the early 2000s. Calling for an update was unheard of. Never even an option for any manufacturer. The sled would show up November-December. Just like they do now. Now everyone needs to know and have things immediately.

If people don’t think the whole covid BS has an impact the last two years, you’re just not being realistic. Unfortunately we’re in for a new normal for years to come. Tim hortons down the street can’t even open because no one will work but y’all think a snowmobile should be here right on time 🤣. Good luck.
got polaris sleds in august back then

·
Registered
825 Posts
Not sure where you’re getting the information on other manufacturers updating people. I have never been updated on any of the cats I snow checked. Nothing whatsoever. Snow checked a 17 and 18 and the only update I got was the dealer calling me to say it’s there.
They've been posting assembly line updates monthly from the start of production...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Only problem I would have is models in showroom before snowchecks are all done then telling snowchecker oh we’re out of parts to build yours!!!
If you believe the info/stories that’s out there, dealers won’t have any floor model Matryx sleds except the ones people backed out of - there are Axys models already in showrooms tho

·
Registered
259 Posts
Was his sled missing any parts like the gauge?
My buddy's wasn't missing any parts. But he said some that the dealership has received are missing some parts like the fancy gauge, etc. So just because they have a pile of sleds doesn't mean they are ready for delivery. I wonder if Polaris has piles of sleds being stored at the plant. That would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Wow.

I have never received a sled in august. Not saying that didn’t happen but I have never received a snow check before November. Which is perfect.

But anything after January 1st would suck. Unfortunately with the way things are going, that may be the case.
2000 xc600 came august and 06 fusion 600 in early august. i buy leftovers now. when i did snowcheck i took them as soon as they hit the dealer. not leaving it there

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,676 Posts
Ski doo is shipping a lot of sleds but the majority of them are not complete most will not even run in their present condition. Sleepy’s buddy stick was fortunate to get his already the dealership he uses pre ordered 150+ units and so far received 30, 17 of which were complete enough to deliver.

221 - 240 of 577 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.