Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
There is also a picture, made in early spring, of one in the driver gauntlets web page. They are not on production MY21 Matryx Snowmobiles.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Does anyone have info on the heated passenger seat? My wife wants one for our daughter... I had a few questions that the Polaris build and price site doesn't address:

1)Is just the seat heated or are the grips heated as well?
2)Is it quick on and off like the standard M2 seat? If so, how does the wiring work?
3)On the build and price, it has a conflict and excludes the storage bag that will work with the standard M2. Any idea why?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,822 Posts
But nothing can be found out about it

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,840 Posts
Does anyone have info on the heated passenger seat? My wife wants one for our daughter... I had a few questions that the Polaris build and price site doesn't address:

1)Is just the seat heated or are the grips heated as well?
2)Is it quick on and off like the standard M2 seat? If so, how does the wiring work?
3)On the build and price, it has a conflict and excludes the storage bag that will work with the standard M2. Any idea why?
I have the heated ft2 seat and only the grips are heated. I wouldn't think the m2 is any different. I'll know soon enough when I get mine.
The m2 is quick on and off. There is a pigtail for the wiring that you have to unplug when removing the seat.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As far as I know the seat is actually heated on the M2 according to one dealer I talked to. I wasn't sure about the grips though. Maybe the dealer was misinformed or maybe it's an update for this year. The build and price as well as the accessory site both list the option as a "heated seat."

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
As far as I know the seat is actually heated on the M2 according to one dealer I talked to. I wasn't sure about the grips though. Maybe the dealer was misinformed or maybe it's an update for this year. The build and price as well as the accessory site both list the option as a "heated seat."
That's correct. Remember there are two versions of the M2 passenger seat, one heated 2884725, one not 2884957. $150US difference.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes, that seems to be clear. What isn't is whether the grips on the M2 heated seat are heated as well... It's also not clear if the under seat bag works with the heated M2 like it does with the standard M2.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a 2020 Indy XC Adventure that has the FT2 seat that is heated as well as heated grips. There are two separate toggle switches for the grips and heated seat, one switch on either side. Willing to bet the heated M2 seat is the same.

Anyone heard if Polaris will be coming out with a Lock and Ride/Flex fuel caddy like the linq 4 gallon one? Polaris reps drop any hints?
Polaris needs this bad.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I remember when I had my Doo years back that they pulled the fuel pack from their accessory lineup due to liability issues. I know Rotopax makes a Polaris specific base plate for their packs but it likely hasn't been tested on the Matryx chassis and looks to be a more permanent mount. No bueno...

·
Registered
MY21 850 SBA 146 w/ 2.0 Hybrid, Electric Start, Gripper Skis
20 Posts
I have a 2020 Indy XC Adventure that has the FT2 seat that is heated as well as heated grips. There are two separate toggle switches for the grips and heated seat, one switch on either side. Willing to bet the heated M2 seat is the same.

Anyone heard if Polaris will be coming out with a Lock and Ride/Flex fuel caddy like the linq 4 gallon one? Polaris reps drop any hints?
Polaris needs this bad.
Sure hope so regarding the fuel caddy! Its one of the things I was really wanting for on my Nytro. Hate having to bum gas off all the Doo guys I ride with, especially after upgrading to a Poo! I will never hear the end of it!

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

Did some more updating to Post#2 above: Matryx Polaris Accessories

• More clearly identified 2884956 as the M2 PASSENGER Underseat Storage bag
  • 3211215 drive belt is recommended for MY20up 800 applications and table of dimensions was added.
  • Added Heated Vests to CLOTHING section
  • Added more details for Driver Gauntlets, link to pictures
  • Added dimensions for Tunnel Protectors, link to pictures
  • More detail on connectors to hood harness used for Matryx 12 volt outlet(cigarette lighter) kit

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
029DB98C-8238-42DE-8D01-B807D17D2AF1.jpeg This is what I’m going to try. It’s 2.5” gal, mounting plate is flat on bottom so can use lock and ride adapters. They are also stackable, plate comes with a strap. I will post pics as I get it mounted.

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Did some more updating to Post#2 Matryx Polaris Accessories

Added Service Manual parts number: 9850064 R01 Oct. 13, 2020
Added Tools Required to install Lock & Ride Flex storage bags.
Added GLOVES, Touch Screen section
Updated availability of some accessories

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

Made Changes to Models Post#1 linked above

• added track ply information
  • converted model names into links to Polaris Online Parts
  • Added sealevel gear ratios for all Matryx sled/track combinations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I‘m wondering if the reason Polaris hasn’t released a fuel caddy is that the owners manual states (page 38) that the ”maximum weight capacity for the tunnel is 15 lbs.” While I’m sure this is a conservative cya number, would they release a product that when used as designed would likely exceed their stated weight capacity for the tunnel? 2 gallons of gas weighs 12-14 pounds. Just a thought.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It would seem there would be a way to mount it without the tunnel carrying the weight much like the 2up seat.

·
Registered
MY21 850 SBA 146 w/ 2.0 Hybrid, Electric Start, Gripper Skis
20 Posts
I‘m wondering if the reason Polaris hasn’t released a fuel caddy is that the owners manual states (page 38) that the ”maximum weight capacity for the tunnel is 15 lbs.” While I’m sure this is a conservative cya number, would they release a product that when used as designed would likely exceed their stated weight capacity for the tunnel? 2 gallons of gas weighs 12-14 pounds. Just a thought.
A fuel caddy was one of the things I am most looking forward to on my 146SBA coming from a Nytro xtx, where the exhaust configuration prevented any tunnel mount accessories. I spoke with my dealer about it and he talked to his kid (engineer at Polaris) and he said they are trying but held up jumping through hoops with government regulations. As fuel is considered a "dangerous good", I can see why, but really a plastic can is not ground breaking technology! Base it on existing "technology" and sign the papers please Mr. Regulation guys!! I will be tough to spend the bucks on a Lock and Ride Flex after spending 400 or so on a BRP gas can. Would rather have the proper one which latches easily to the tunnel than an adapter plate.

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It would seem there would be a way to mount it without the tunnel carrying the weight much like the 2up seat.

The tunnel carries the weight of the M2 passenger seat. It mounts with tabs that go into sockets, that are part of the back of the driver seat on the bottom, and on regular Lock & Ride Flex mounting studs that are bolted to the T-Slots of the tunnel. Sport Bag shown here, behind the M2, mounts on the tunnel, also.

Not only do both versions of the M2 passenger seat, have heated passenger grips, with a switch by the passenger left hand grip, they also have an RCA outlet for a heated face shield, next to that switch. The heated seat version of the M2, has a switch for the passenger seat heat, next to the passenger right hand grip.

·
Registered
75 Posts
are there dimensions for the storage bags anywhere? ordered the low adventure one but I am second guessing myself

81 - 100 of 103 Posts