Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Belt temp in deeper snow may be an issue. I guess that’s why I was thinking a 1.79 ratio. In the middle top end and off trail performance.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,120 Posts
So is this accurate for what the 2021 Matryx had ?
I have 850 assault Snowchecked with a 1.35” track and I’m hoping it will have decent top end 🤞🏼 How accurate is the 7s speedo as I’ve seen videos of 100mph with a 2.0” track and 180km/h with a 1.6” track ?
View attachment 2120673
As stated in my post,
NOTE: MPH is track speed at 8250 engine RPM w/clutches at 1:1 (no overdrive)

I don't expect them to change for MY22, but we'll have to wait a while to confirm that.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
These discussions will not get anything resolved, unless every poster makes it clear which Matryx Sled is being discussed/compared. The factory chaincase ratios vary based on engine size, which track and they also are different between INDY (128-137" track length) and ASSAULT (only 146" track length)

Most likely 22-41 like they have been in the Matryx.

Thought for sure I would have to gear down after doing a track swap on the '22 137 XCR I ordered (going to 1.75 backcountry). If the current trend continues with gearing (from previous years) it'll come with 22/41 as I ordered it with a 1.6 cobra. From the sounds of it the sled won't have any issues pulling that gearing with the bigger lug..Only concern being belt temps.
Guess we'll find out 🤷‍♂️
Last year the Matryx INDY 129/137 sleds with a 1.5" Storm track had 22:41 70P 1.86 ratio with 650 and 850 engines. No one has reported them being hard on belts, or running excessive belt temperatures.

I expect zr9mod ordered a MY22 136 XCR with 2.52" pitch track.
The 9142C Camso BackCountry 1.75" will be a Single ply track. It is a Competition Designed track.

·
Registered
768 Posts
These discussions will not get anything resolved, unless every poster makes it clear which Matryx Sled is being discussed/compared. The factory chaincase ratios vary based on engine size, which track and they also are different between INDY (128-137" track length) and ASSAULT (only 146" track length)

Last year the Matryx INDY 129/137 sleds with a 1.5" Storm track had 22:41 70P 1.86 ratio with 650 and 850 engines. No one has reported them being hard on belts, or running excessive belt temperatures.

I expect zr9mod ordered a MY22 136 XCR with 2.52" pitch track.
The 9142C Camso BackCountry 1.75" will be a Single ply track. It is a Competition Designed track.
Yes that's correct, the single ply is the only backcountry in 2.52 pitch. No concerns running a single ply on trail as I have 7k miles on my current 2.25 single ply powerclaw

·
Vendor
10,291 Posts
1.86 ratio on a 2015 pro-x with the 1.75 backcountry struggled off trail some, and belt heat was bad. i talking 2' plus snow depth. we geared it lower and made a huge difference. remember most of the clutching gearing testing is done in northern M.N. flat ditch running and not the snow we get out east. just like jetting years ago relative humidity played a big role. dry air in M.N. wet air on the east coast. why ski-doo's were more spot on then cat or Polaris. you really have to look at how and where you ride, before making changes. but we like testing and thinking outside the box. why we find stuff that works.

·
Registered
768 Posts
1.86 ratio on a 2015 pro-x with the 1.75 backcountry struggled off trail some, and belt heat was bad. i talking 2' plus snow depth. we geared it lower and made a huge difference. remember most of the clutching gearing testing is done in northern M.N. flat ditch running and not the snow we get out east. just like jetting years ago relative humidity played a big role. dry air in M.N. wet air on the east coast. why ski-doo's were more spot on then cat or Polaris. you really have to look at how and where you ride, before making changes. but we like testing and thinking outside the box. why we find stuff that works.
If it ends up having any issues pulling the 22/41 ill throw 19/40 gears in it (typical 144x2.0 assult set up).

I'll be happy with 90's for MPH, I'm more about the corner to corner and hammering rough/loose trails. Rick I had messaged you on FB about a month ago looking into gearing suggestions for the 136x1.75. I expect a few iterations before I get a solid all around set up. Perhaps we can work on getting it dialed this year

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
If it ends up having any issues pulling the 22/41 ill throw 19/40 gears in it (typical 144x2.0 assult set up).

I'll be happy with 90's for MPH, I'm more about the corner to corner and hammering rough/loose trails. Rick I had messaged you on FB about a month ago looking into gearing suggestions for the 136x1.75. I expect a few iterations before I get a solid all around set up. Perhaps we can work on getting it dialed this year
A couple observations:

1. Rick MY15 had an 800 versus the 850 you've got. More power and torque for you.

2. Your Matryx 850 XCR 136 has got a better deep snow suspension and tunnel arrangement than Rick's Axys with Pro-XC rear suspension. It will take less power to go thru the deep snow.

3. If you want easier going in the deep snow with a 1.75 track, consider going to 21:42 70p 2.00 ratio. 88 MPH @ 8150rpm with 1:1 clutch ratio, (no overdrive) decent sized top sprocket for efficiency, and very little slack in the chain.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts