Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
www.floridamountineers.com

Located in Florida Ma on Rte 2 the Mohawk Trail. If in the ares make sure to stop in at Martin's General store for a home made sandwich and a hot bowl of soup. They are very friendly and easily accessable from Savoy, Monroe. There trails are always grommed and it leadts to VAST.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is why SAM has a grant program for the hiring of EPOs to enforce stickers on local Trails not just state parks. I believe they have allocated $5000 for any and all clubs to request patrol.

FAIR WARNING TO ALL READING, THE EPOS (Read COPS) WILL BE PATROLING THE OTIS AREA THIS SEASON ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.[/b]
I have not seen one this year and the season is almost over.what the deal mr. bill and his clown's . do I have to come back and join the club so something can get groom around hear. lol. lo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not seen one this year and the season is almost over.what the deal mr. bill and his clown's . do I have to come back and join the club so something can get groom around hear. lol. lo.[/b]
I went to the event on the lake for the knox trail snorider's andat 2:00 in the afternoon they were out of food. wtf. take some of that money you get and go to katie's and buy some more food. what the hell do you do with the money you get. this was the first event they had all season. so what did they do with all the money. I think bill taylor should quit . because he suck"s :m2c:

they were never out grooming all year until this event.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to the event on the lake for the knox trail snorider's andat 2:00 in the afternoon they were out of food. wtf. take some of that money you get and go to katie's and buy some more food. what the hell do you do with the money you get. this was the first event they had all season. so what did they do with all the money. I think bill taylor should quit . because he suck"s :m2c:

they were never out grooming all year until this event.[/b]
WA WA WA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have not seen one this year and the season is almost over.what the deal mr. bill and his clown's . do I have to come back and join the club so something can get groom around hear. lol. lo.[/b]
I don't think you want to touch that subject DG GUY!!

·
Registered
34 Posts

they were never out grooming all year until this event.[/b]
ZRT there was no food left because the event started at 11:00am there were so many people there they ran out
Try to get there a little earlier next year. And by the way we did have a bad snow year most of our storms hit on a Friday and you cant groom fresh powder so you have to wait until it's beat down a little, then we'd get a rain storm that would wipe it out so that's why grooming was difficult. For the poker run we were able to get out Sat. all day Sat. night and Sunday Morning. Mybe if the Drunk Groomer Guy Didn't Get cocked, take out the groomer get it stuck, Stagger home and not tell anyone he'd still be grooming
he doesn't work and had plenty of time on his hands the rest of us do work. Thanks for your 2 cents anyway maybe you can help out next year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ZRT there was no food left because the event started at 11:00am there were so many people there they ran out
Try to get there a little earlier next year. And by the way we did have a bad snow year most of our storms hit on a Friday and you cant groom fresh powder so you have to wait until it's beat down a little, then we'd get a rain storm that would wipe it out so that's why grooming was difficult. For the poker run we were able to get out Sat. all day Sat. night and Sunday Morning. Mybe if the Drunk Groomer Guy Didn't Get cocked, take out the groomer get it stuck, Stagger home and not tell anyone he'd still be grooming
he doesn't work and had plenty of time on his hands the rest of us do work. Thanks for your 2 cents anyway maybe you can help out next year.[/b]
you have a clubhouse so you should not have to keep postponing event's when there is not enough snow. you can still get the club together for a event at the clubhouse.instead you guy's just keep the money to buy thing's like the trailor that bill bought that you can't insure. I know that some of our winter's suck but like I said you can use the clubhouse. and there were a couple of time's this season when you could of went out grooming. you could went out with the chainsaw's on meyer's trail and clean it up. no one did,so that is why I say bill should quit he live's up here to he can go out and clean up some of the trail's and keep some of the event's on at the clubhouse,instead he cancel them and keep's rolling the money over for thing's the club doesn't need. :m2c: that is why next year I'm joining a club that keep's all there member's together even If there is not enough snow and ice,you don't need that to get people together.

·
Registered
34 Posts
you have a clubhouse so you should not have to keep postponing event's when there is not enough snow. you can still get the club together for a event at the clubhouse.instead you guy's just keep the money to buy thing's like the trailor that bill bought that you can't insure. I know that some of our winter's suck but like I said you can use the clubhouse. and there were a couple of time's this season when you could of went out grooming. you could went out with the chainsaw's on meyer's trail and clean it up. no one did,so that is why I say bill should quit he live's up here to he can go out and clean up some of the trail's and keep some of the event's on at the clubhouse,instead he cancel them and keep's rolling the money over for thing's the club doesn't need. :m2c: that is why next year I'm joining a club that keep's all there member's together even If there is not enough snow and ice,you don't need that to get people together.[/b]
I understand your point, but if you attended any meetings The club is all volunteers, although there over 300 members
there are about 10 active who do go out and take care of fallen trees and groom when we can when there is snow as a matter of fact the club doesn't spend money on things we don't need we are trying to save up for a New Groomer. Next season we will have
our piston Bully we purchased ready to be dedicated to the Tolland State forest area, our other enclosed groomer to move around from Otis state forest and Amos case areas while we use our sled based groomers for the connectors and to Oct. Mnt. we are also applying for a grant for another groomer Which we will have to cover 20% if we are awarded the grant. we are not spending money we are trying to save money to put into the above. Rather than bash the club, volunteer some of your time and help us even if it's an e-mail telling us where theres a tree down so we can take care of it. with mother nature help we should have a great season next year, Trust me I would rather be riding than out grooming. That's my 2 cents

·
Registered
196 Posts
I understand your point, but if you attended any meetings The club is all volunteers, although there over 300 members
there are about 10 active who do go out and take care of fallen trees and groom when we can when there is snow as a matter of fact the club doesn't spend money on things we don't need we are trying to save up for a New Groomer. Next season we will have
our piston Bully we purchased ready to be dedicated to the Tolland State forest area, our other enclosed groomer to move around from Otis state forest and Amos case areas while we use our sled based groomers for the connectors and to Oct. Mnt. we are also applying for a grant for another groomer Which we will have to cover 20% if we are awarded the grant. we are not spending money we are trying to save money to put into the above. Rather than bash the club, volunteer some of your time and help us even if it's an e-mail telling us where theres a tree down so we can take care of it. with mother nature help we should have a great season next year, Trust me I would rather be riding than out grooming. That's my 2 cents[/b]
this is two years in a row nothing is get down so paul who so u how to groomer i did so what the fuck are u talking about u and the clown mr bill the big ass hole the yes man i second that. so u are trying to tell me the money is going to a new groomer. so the trail have to suck till then tell mr bill to quit the club he suck have norm \come back come back please he no how to run a club

·
Registered
78 Posts
our piston Bully we purchased ready to be dedicated to the Tolland State forest area, our other enclosed groomer to move around from Otis state forest and Amos case areas while we use our sled based groomers for the connectors and to Oct. Mnt. we are also applying for a grant for another groomer Which we will have to cover 20% if we are awarded the grant. we are not spending money we are trying to save money to put into the above. Rather than bash the club, volunteer some of your time and help us even if it's an e-mail telling us where theres a tree down so we can take care of it. with mother nature help we should have a great season next year, Trust me I would rather be riding than out grooming. That's my 2 cents[/b]
you just told me what I thought instead of grooming you are taking the money to buy a groomer this is not maine the one you have work's just fine around here. just goes to show you I was right. bill is spending the money the wrong way. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
34 Posts
you just told me what I thought instead of grooming you are taking the money to buy a groomer this is not maine the one you have work's just fine around here. just goes to show you I was right. bill is spending the money the wrong way. :smiley-faces7:[/b]
Are you kidding me, What do you think the club should be spending money on? Parties and cookouts at the club house when there is no snow? We postpone the Cookout on the lake twice because the lake was a sheet of ice and there was not enough snow to go to the club house. It's a snowmobile event you want to ride on your snowmobile to the cookout not your car.
We purchased A piston bully groomer for about 10k but it needs new tracks The club doesn't have unlimited funds so we have to raise money to purchase them. When theres a bad snow season like the last 2 it's hard to have events to raise money. The groomer we have does work fine when it's not breaking down and not to many club volunteers want to take it out and break down in the middle of the woods, so we are trying to update our equipment. Would you like to sign up to groom for next season if there is enough Snow? anyway The point is You Blame Bill Taylor, The entire ACTIVE club who show up for meeting make the discisions on what direction the club goes not just one man.If More members showed up maybe there would be more people to help out or have more input on what direction to go, the biggest factor is MOTHER NATURE snow seems to fire people up. I don't know who you are but I don't think I have seen you at a meeting, out in the fall clearing trails, out after a storm clearing downed trees, out grooming, out at big pond putting in the ramp, out walking the J&D Marina property marking the route through so we can still use the property, out getting land owner permissions, But you bitch about the cookout running out of food at 2:00pm did you let someone know about the tree on Meyers trail or grab a saw and cut it down yourself? because that is what a club member would do we Volunteer our time to benefit the riders that just buy a SAM pass and then complain we cant' be everywhere we may have missed a few trees so make a call, e-mail or help the rest of us and remove the tree if you are that concerned show up for the next meeting 3/20/08 because we are nominating new officers for the next season. Bill Taylor was nice enough to stay on as Pres last year because nobody else wanted The responsibility, so show up a nominate someone new. We are going back and forth but I do respect your opinion I just don't think you see the whole picture,maybe I'm wrong. I know I drive 1 hr from CT to Otis along with many others and have for 20 years to do my part. It would be nice to see more action from the Critics. Back to you ZRT

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are you kidding me, What do you think the club should be spending money on? Parties and cookouts at the club house when there is no snow? We postpone the Cookout on the lake twice because the lake was a sheet of ice and there was not enough snow to go to the club house. It's a snowmobile event you want to ride on your snowmobile to the cookout not your car.
We purchased A piston bully groomer for about 10k but it needs new tracks The club doesn't have unlimited funds so we have to raise money to purchase them. When theres a bad snow season like the last 2 it's hard to have events to raise money. The groomer we have does work fine when it's not breaking down and not to many club volunteers want to take it out and break down in the middle of the woods, so we are trying to update our equipment. Would you like to sign up to groom for next season if there is enough Snow? anyway The point is You Blame Bill Taylor, The entire ACTIVE club who show up for meeting make the discisions on what direction the club goes not just one man.If More members showed up maybe there would be more people to help out or have more input on what direction to go, the biggest factor is MOTHER NATURE snow seems to fire people up. I don't know who you are but I don't think I have seen you at a meeting, out in the fall clearing trails, out after a storm clearing downed trees, out grooming, out at big pond putting in the ramp, out walking the J&D Marina property marking the route through so we can still use the property, out getting land owner permissions, But you bitch about the cookout running out of food at 2:00pm did you let someone know about the tree on Meyers trail or grab a saw and cut it down yourself? because that is what a club member would do we Volunteer our time to benefit the riders that just buy a SAM pass and then complain we cant' be everywhere we may have missed a few trees so make a call, e-mail or help the rest of us and remove the tree if you are that concerned show up for the next meeting 3/20/08 because we are nominating new officers for the next season. Bill Taylor was nice enough to stay on as Pres last year because nobody else wanted The responsibility, so show up a nominate someone new. We are going back and forth but I do respect your opinion I just don't think you see the whole picture,maybe I'm wrong. I know I drive 1 hr from CT to Otis along with many others and have for 20 years to do my part. It would be nice to see more action from the Critics. Back to you ZRT[/b]
Ithink I should go to the next meeting and nominate you,you seem like you do more then the president that live's in the town of otis . and I do go out with my own saw and cut trail's. if the groomer's were out they would have seen meyer's trail. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ithink I should go to the next meeting and nominate you,you seem like you do more then the president that live's in the town of otis . and I do go out with my own saw and cut trail's. if the groomer's were out they would have seen meyer's trail. :smiley-faces7:[/b]
and one more thing with keeping the event's on the member's would still come to an event at the clubhouse so you could still have raffle's to get more money for the club. and when it rain's in ct. it snow's here in otis. so there was a couple of time's they could of went out grooming. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
this is two years in a row nothing is get down so paul who so u how to groomer i did so what the fuck are u talking about u and the clown mr bill the big ass hole the yes man i second that. so u are trying to tell me the money is going to a new groomer. so the trail have to suck till then tell mr bill to quit the club he suck have norm \come back come back please he no how to run a club HAVE ANOTHER BEER GROOMER GUY!!!![/b]

·
Registered
34 Posts
and one more thing with keeping the event's on the member's would still come to an event at the clubhouse so you could still have raffle's to get more money for the club. and when it rain's in ct. it snow's here in otis. so there was a couple of time's they could of went out grooming. :) SOUNDS GOOD TO ME I understand the frustration we definetley need more local members to get involved
most of the guys who groom don't live in town. Myself and my crew try and take care of the Amos case, Miller Swamp Pipe line because we ride more on that side of the lake. We have one guy who grooms from Oct.mnt to big pond because he lives near the Mnt. Our other groomers drive up from Agawam to bad the DRUNK GROOMER GUY is always drunk because he did a good job until his famous night. We are currenty in danger of losing access to the pipe line from Schoolhouse rd towards Tolland State forest
so if you know anyone in the Tunxis club it would be a big help. Like I said we are nominating new club officers (and no Norm doesn't want the job) but we will reorginize and be ready for next year. I'm not happy with this season but Snow is a key factor. I have been a member of the club since the mid 80's and plan on doing my part hope to see you at the meeting.[/b]

·
Registered
40,287 Posts
www.BerkshireSnow.s.com is a fun and good sized club, grooming through Pittsfield and October Mountain State Forests and many towns in the area including all of Windsor. Meetings at Skyline Country Club every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM.[/b]
I've been riding that area quite a bit the past two seasons....i think last year was the first time i saw a groomer at october mt. ...i was shocked. You guys have some great roads and secondary trails over there....just need a little more attention.

·
Registered
978 Posts
located in west boylston, locals groom our trails to clinton and south in grafton. would like to be able to make it to leicester and farther!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts