·
Registered
620 Posts
Originally posted by Bizerk@Oct 28 2005, 09:22 AM
Spencer Snowbirds

:div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=962317
[/quote]
Sweet, another local :div20: We should hook up for a ride this season. Looking like we may have 4 or 5 HCS members that ride this area :div20: We ride through Spencer all the time, as I live right over the line in Leicester, Snowbirds do an awesome job on the trails, especially the 4H area. We go there for rides after work all the time.

Hey, I read about Moose hill on their newsletter, did you go to their meeting last night? Any info on what is going on with the trail through the moose hill area? If this trail is closed, we are stuck until Sugden freezes, if we can still cross over at Moose Hill by the duplex. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Snow for our area tonight, hope there is plenty more this season :fluffy: Joe...AKA...Prowler

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
anyone know what happened to the sledmass site? did someone hack into it again? and any ideas when it will be back up and running

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to see you guys talking!

Trail oriented clubs are vital, and if HCS can be the link between people I think Rob is pleased. So Use this thread and forum to the fullest extent you can!
Check out the NH forum, it is used heavily..

Post a whole new thread if you want to help a club out! If you find friction in one, try another untill you "fit in" with the core group. Whats a 1 hour drive if you can pay back some time to the trails?

Be cool! :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I agree. I know of many people who do not bother to register their sled with the state or their club. They choose to ride the trails till they get caught. What they don't see is the time and effort club volunteers put into making the trail system what it is.

Thanks to all the volunteers who make this happen.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Originally posted by Tynan19@Nov 30 2005, 12:59 AM
I agree. I know of many people who do not bother to register their sled with the state or their club. They choose to ride the trails till they get caught. What they don't see is the time and effort club volunteers put into making the trail system what it is.

Thanks to all the volunteers who make this happen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1053156
[/quote]

This is why SAM has a grant program for the hiring of EPOs to enforce stickers on local Trails not just state parks. I believe they have allocated $5000 for any and all clubs to request patrol.

FAIR WARNING TO ALL READING, THE EPOS (Read COPS) WILL BE PATROLING THE OTIS AREA THIS SEASON ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Last year I got stopped by the EP twice. All set though. But over one weekend they wrote about 200 tickets.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Originally posted by Tynan19@Nov 30 2005, 07:17 PM
Last year I got stopped by the EP twice. All set though. But over one weekend they wrote about 200 tickets.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1055606
[/quote]
I saw them plenty of times around the 4H in Spencer, a few times at the Rutland SF, and saw one up by the otter river bridge, I have all my stickers so it was never a problem. I heard they wrote up a ton of people for crossing the RR tressel up by Dennison. I think it has something to do with the post 9/11 stuff that you can't cross tracks unless it is at a road crossing or something like that :dunno: Prowler

1 - 20 of 41 Posts