Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not many spectators at Martin this weekend, how was Hastings turnout???

Was pretty cold, but we're snowmobilers...

Ran into GNS racing, catgirltammy, frznh2o, spanky, and saw f78u running his sled :div20:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
After planning on going I never made it to Martin. Never did figure it'd have much for spectators but the racing was probably the best you'll find. Hastings had a decent showing of spectators. Swap Meet was about 2/3's of what it has been in the past. Only about 25-30 trailers of racers at Hastings on Saturday. Was a so so racing event (was helping a buddy of mine race on Saturday). Good thing they didn't have a huge turnout of racers otherwise the people putting on the race wouldn't have been able to handle it. Poor coordination on the board too.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
martins was okay.. the car races were the best part... Ran the f350 out there and ran a 14.9 on 37's on 22's not to bad for a truck that weighed in at 8200 with one passanger

·
Registered
251 Posts
i was at martin today. you might of saw me sitting on the back of a big blue f-150. i went to hastings too, i thought the raceing at martin was way better. Partley because of barley any people.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I heard Martin was paying out with gift certificates! I heard Jimmy was paying. I was a little dissapointed at the things that were done at Hastings ( I camped and helped MSA) Like someboddy destroying the mensroom. (i was in a pop up and needed a shower). Also, a big thumbs down to the guys at Babbitt's who were caught (were already in there trailer) stealing some things from the building that MSA had rented for them.Hmm, guess I won't buy anything from a theif.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Not sure how Martin was paying out but Ken did advertise $10,000 last week before the race. Hastings paid out $10k for bonus money also. $200 to the winner of most classes, $500 for winning Pro and IMP 1000 plus the std 100% payback. But not everyclass had racers in it so not sure what they did with the extra bones money in those classes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Also, a big thumbs down to the guys at Babbitt's who were caught (were already in there trailer) stealing some things from the building that MSA had rented for them.Hmm, guess I won't buy anything from a theif.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918704
[/quote]
What a bunch of two year olds. Makes you wonder if that carries over to the rest of their business model. Better laser etch all the parts on your sled before you take it in there for service. Jerks

·
Registered
81 Posts
What did the guys from Babbits steal? They are the ones who fired a guy this summer for buying a Harley. They have the worst customer service that I have ever seen. I drive to Kellys Snowmobiles who are 20 miles further away than Babbits just to buy parts.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Apparently they were trying to steal some display racks or some type of dividers or partitions that MSA had rented. One of their security guys saw them taking stuff out of the building after the show Saturday and putting it in their trailer. After they left, the security guy went over and opened their trailer to have a little look. Saw all the rented stuff buried in there. MSA snapped one of their padlocks on the trailer and waited for Babbitt's to call needing a pair of bolt cutters in the morning. When they called the boys went over and had a chat. :frech32:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If what is being said about Babbitts is true then that's a bunch bulls$%t!! :banghead: Those guys at MSA are doing there best to put on a decent show. It's bad enough with all the politics between Martin and the Hasting promoters but to steal from the very people that are working there a s ses off for the love of the sport and THEIR livey hood just pi sses me off.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Hasting Swap meet Saturday was great. Found a great deal on a Polaris hood for the wifes sled. I crashed it last year :doh: and haven't heard the end of it yet. Hopefully the new hood will get me out of the dog house.

Let it snow....let it snow....let it snow....

egg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Locky,
Welcome to Hardcoresledder!
I bought my sled at Kellys. Great service because you are dealing with the owners.

JCTB

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Originally posted by SpeeDWerX1000@Oct 9 2005, 05:56 PM
Not many spectators at Martin this weekend, how was Hastings turnout???

Was pretty cold, but we're snowmobilers...

Ran into GNS racing, catgirltammy, frznh2o, spanky, and saw f78u running his sled  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918264
[/quote] Hey Speedwerxs it was good to meet you and Team green, it's always nice to put a face and name together. I'm sure we will see you somewhere this winter. Take care, Vince

·
Registered
81 Posts
JCTB, Hi neighbor. More than likely we have passed each other on the trails or ate at the Brown Bear at the same time. Good to see a local on here.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by GNS RACING@Oct 11 2005, 07:28 PM
Hey Speedwerxs it was good to meet you and Team green, it's always nice to put a face and name together. I'm sure we will see you somewhere this winter. Take care, Vince
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923067
[/quote]

Nice seeing you too, the sleds looked good :div20:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by GotBoost@Oct 12 2005, 05:27 PM
14.9 Is kinda slow for a Powerstroke, I've heard much better numbers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925234
[/quote]

Think about what a 37" tall tires does to the stock 3.73 gear ratio. IMO, that is moving pretty good. Would easily be in the low 14's if Spanker was running stock tires/wheels.

Spanker, did you ever dyno the truck?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts