·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Ronder@Oct 15 2005, 06:55 AM
Link

Any more news on this Sledders?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931003
[/quote]
supposedly he admitted he did it on purpose to get back at another individual in the parks dept. said he is going to pay it back and is soryy he did it. he has known his job was going to be gone for the last couple years. he feel that this other individual didnt even try to help save his job.. because of county budget cuts. because this other person sucks the county administators ass and the county admin could care less about recreation in this county he only cares about one thing the city of wausau and thats it :nutkick:

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,640 Posts
I don't feel sorry for this guy one bit. He is such a cocky ass it's unbelievable. I was the snowmobile coordinator for Walworth County for a number of years, and every time I went to a statewide meeting this guy shot his mouth off like he was king shit. I'm sorry, I don't care how much you are pissed at your boss or employer, you don't steal from the program!!!! One more thing to give snowmobiling a black eye. Think how much grooming can be done for 25K.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Originally posted by 1badHO@Oct 17 2005, 01:19 PM
I don't feel sorry for this guy one bit.  He is such a cocky ass it's unbelievable.  I was the snowmobile coordinator for Walworth County for a number of years, and every time I went to a statewide meeting this guy shot his mouth off like he was king shit.  I'm sorry, I don't care how much you are pissed at your boss or employer, you don't steal from the program!!!!  One more thing to give snowmobiling a black eye.  Think how much grooming can be done for 25K.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935113
[/quote]

well put. haha thats great thew dumb f-er got cought at his own game. cant spell through!!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
my father-in-law was at the club meeting on friday night, according to the club (shanytown) leaders this is bad news for marathon co.. dave apperently worked pretty hard to come up with money for the clubs. wondering where he was getting the cash from??
hopefully the person who takes over is sledder friendly!!

adam

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marathon County's former snowmobile and ATV trail coordinator heads into court for a pre-trial conference Wednesday (October 19, 2005).

Dave Marg is charged with stealing as much as $25,000 along with false representation and misconduct in office.

Police say he was stealing that money from the county Parks Department for his own business, and even one he says he made up.

Marg says he was upset about his job being cut by the end of this year. He could get 41 years in prison and be fined $120,000 if convicted. :Wow1:

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,640 Posts
Dumb ass, my job with Walworth County was eliminated with departmental contraction, but I didn't consider screwing the programs I was responsible for to get revenge.

The biggest thing club members can do who live in Marathon County is contact your County supervisor and explain to them how important the snowmobile program is, so maybe they can get someone in there who cares. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, supervisors need votes to be re-elected, you might want to remind them of that.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by 1badHO@Oct 20 2005, 03:32 PM
Dumb ass, my job with Walworth County was eliminated with departmental contraction, but I didn't consider screwing the programs I was responsible for to get revenge. 

The biggest thing club members can do who live in Marathon County is contact your County supervisor and explain to them how important the snowmobile program is, so maybe they can get someone in there who cares.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, supervisors need votes to be re-elected, you might want to remind them of that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=943516
[/quote]
im not saying it was right for him too do it this way. the job is eliminated plain and simple. they are giving the job to a guy in the parks dept. who knows if he is going to do a good jo. i think the guys name is john daniels. our county super could care less about recreation. example we had a 315000$ dollar grant to build a atv park in marathon county he could care less that we have no were to ride our quads he said to give the money back. we would have needed some money to get the park going they said no way. and marathon co has the most registered atvs in the state, 8500 and no place to ride. and it will be very hard to get him out of office,

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Originally posted by ADAM ANTHONY@Oct 21 2005, 07:31 AM
HERE THE E-MAIL TO THE NEW COUNTY SNOW COORDINATOR.

PLEASE E-MAIL HIM AND ENCOURGE TO CONTINUE FUNDING OUR GREAT TRAILS!!!!

[email protected] <[email protected]>

ADAM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=944949
[/quote]

thank you! I will send an extremly polite kiss ass lettor, and see how he is. if he's a nice guy cool. ill get his views on things and see what he has planned. hopefully he sends one back!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well that sounds just Great!! I am planning on maybe moving up there in a few months from Iowa. Well Actually to Marshfield. But its still pretty damn close. I was hoping snowmobiling was all good. This isnt sounding so cosher anymore.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ex-ATV coordinator pleads not guilty

Former Marathon County snowmobile/ATV coordinator Dave Marg pleaded not guilty Monday to charges he stole nearly $25,000 in state grants.

In a statement to an investigator last month, Marg said: "I know what I did was wrong. I knew the first time I turned in that invoice it was wrong. But I hated (Parks Director) Bill Duncanson so much for what he'd been doing to me, that is how I justified it in my mind. I take full responsibility for my actions."
Marg, who earned about $66,000 a year in wages and benefits, had worked for the county for eight years. He resigned after his arrest.

Link

1 - 12 of 12 Posts