Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 pro s 600 that keeps ruining map sensors up to 3 now. Made it about 25 miles yesterday before the 108-4 code comes up. I have 5.17 v for power. Looked at pins at the ecu any ideas where else to look. Should note runs fine so far. Last sensor ran fine for a while then went to limp mode no more than 5thousand rpm.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So by looking at this diagram of the map sensor. Am I safe assuming the only power to the plug is the 5v. The other signal wires relay the temp and pressure back to the ecm. With the sensor unplugged should be no power to plug except the 5v.
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Wood

·
Premium Member
15 Pro X 800 , 16 Pro S LE 800, 06 Fusion 600 Dragon, 03 Edge X 600, 99 XC700SP, 96 XCRSP, 91 RXL
156 Posts
So by looking at this diagram of the map sensor. Am I safe assuming the only power to the plug is the 5v. The other signal wires relay the temp and pressure back to the ecm. With the sensor unplugged should be no power to plug except the 5v. View attachment 2127232
Yes, that' correct. Should be 5V on pin #3, very good gound with no resistance on #1, then continuity with less than 0.1 ohms resistance between pin#2 and ECM, and same for pin #4..
A lot of times when same sensor keeps failing it is a poor ground circuit on the sensor. Also check for stray voltage on pins #2, #4, and possibly #4 when unplugged. Check by moving harness around, twisting harness, wiggling connections at sensors, regulator and ECM, revving engine up and down, switching on accessories, brake lights, headlamp beams, etc. Anything that may cause voltage change or ripple. Grounds and connections are most common faults.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tonight I removed some of the tape to expose the wires. I looked at the wires from the map plug to the ecu. All look fine.
Not sure what to check next at this point. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
could you take a picture of the readings on the ohms test would give a better idea what you are looking at thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back at it. On the pink wire running Unplugged I now have 5.15 volts don’t think that is right.

Here are my readings running unplugged from map sensor

.13 ohms on the black/ground
5.15 dc volts on the pink
5.16 dc volts on the red white
.09 dc volts on the grey

I got a different used sensor tested before plugged in. Tested good. Made it not a mile before check engine light came back on. Up to 4 or 5 sensors now.

Any ideas. Or is it new ecm time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
volt drop the circuits but the om reading on ground seems high what kind of meter are you using ?
Fluke 88

Ground map sensor plug to battery ground is .10 dc volts
Map sensor ground to wiring harness ground on
the front right is .01 dc volts

To drop test the other circuits I will have to back probe the ecu plug harness or is there a better way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts