Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with their aftermarket map sensors and if so what were some of the symptoms? Boost reading is pegged at 44.7 and throwing the P1236. Sled did spit and sputter under boost prior to the event but runs fine now less the code and boost reading. Swapped to stock map sensor no luck, put air to the boost lines to remove any moisture no luck, and now waiting on getting a replacement aftermarket sensor. Final step would be checking wiring but hoping someone may have seen this before with a fix.

This one has me scratching my head...

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Have seen this a few times. One a new map sensor fixed it. Another one needed a new map sensor and needed the ecu to be flashed with a dedicated clear all fault tune, then the new tune loaded back in.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
replaced both the map and boost sensors. took 2.5miles for the issue to reset so not entirely sure which was the culprit but I suspect it was map. Issue followed the ECU regardless of the sled it was on until it was ran enough to reset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i try 2 time map sensor 3 at 270 hp whit stock exaust and it never take it.have to go back 240 hp whit the original map sensor on a cross country 2018.very desapoint off them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?
I've had the same problem since 450 miles, I bought the sled new.

Finally the dealership told me they can't fix it unless there able to ride it, to get it under load :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not for me, I'll b literally just cruising the trails between 40-60mph and it will trigger the code,

I did a radar run in January it would hit off the line real good but about halfway down it would fall on its face triggering the code and crossing the line at 76mph

If I'm hammering down on it on the lake with the code active WOT you an feel the sled sluggish and then all of a sudden u can feel the code clear and the sled wake up a little

Things that have been replaced
Boost sensor
Map sensor
All vacuum lines and clamps
Intercooler piping clamps

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a second map sensor located on top of the motor. Did you replace that one as well?

·
Registered
115 Posts
there is a second map sensor located on top of the motor. Did you replace that one as well?
I did not. I didn't kno about that one the sleds been worked on at the dealer under warranty, I have a claim with arctic cat over it

Where is that on located?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its mounted on top of the head. Right side of motor if you're sitting on your sled. Can get to it easily from the exhaust side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts