Hardcore Sledder banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Co-worker / riding buddy of mine picked up a Riot last Fall, and was telling me he has to get a code to plug into his sled before he rides it. Something to do with officially activating the warranty? :dunno: If that's correct, I gotta say ... pretty sweet feature! So many people are stuck with warranty kicking in after the sled is purchased & registered (in the Fall) and miss out on a couple months of coverage. Not sure if I understood my buddy correctly, but if that's how it works it's a great idea.

Sorta how it works..

One of the old tricks in sales is to sell a unit and "hold onto the warranty card" so the dealer doesn't have to pay for the machine until the floor plan company comes to do a physical inventory.
The biggest reason though is to wait until there are rebates on machines.

Dealer sells a sled in November or December, and waits hoping a big rebate comes out. Factory announces big spring rebate, dealer warranty registers machine, and pockets entire rebate.

Because of the switch to doing everything online its not as easy as backdating a paper warranty card and mailing it in (date the card to get the biggest rebate possible) but dealers can still wait for a rebate to warranty register machines with the factory.

AC has gone to great lengths to stop this.

The first step was to not send MSO (titles) with the machines when shipped. The title is generated during the warranty registration process, and printed by the dealer. (this is to prevent the dealer from registering the machine with the state)

They still do that, but now every AC machine leaves the factory in "demo mode" There is an error code displayed on the gauge, and 5 hours of run time before going into limp mode.

To prevent limp mode the dealer must warranty register the machine, this process generates the MSO for them to print, and a 6 digit code that is entered using the gauge.
This 6 digit code unlocks "demo mode" and is supposed to be done before the customer picks up the machine.

Now your buddy.. My guess is the dealer forgot to put the code in when he picked up the sled.

I'd be willing to bet that the rest of the powersports industry copies this once the patent runs out.

That being said, cat sled warranties don't start till 12/1 for sleds picked up from the dealer between April and December.

·
Premium Member
33,213 Posts
here's one for the manufacturers, offer a sled for a whole lot cheaper, with no warranty. for those of us that are just going to void the warranty on the first day we have it anyway, let me save some money since they'll never have to spend a dime fixing it

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
and they stopped because? :dunno:

how well does Tmotion work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRKnJjFDxq0&feature=emb_title

one of my sleds has the trac link limiter setup from the previous owner, I adjusted it to my weight/shocks/springs and haven't moved it since. https://bikemanperformance.com/trac-link-limiter-strap-adjuster.html
:c-n:

C2C , and Krom.... that tmotion adjuster would be nice a trail sled.
fresh snow in the morning run it loose, conditions change during the day, run it short.

I got a the Fox front adjuster on my XC 440, it works, but it doesn't give the travel to the front skid where you can really feel the difference between long and short. This adjuster, adjusts the shock, but not the limiter strap, where this Tmotion does. Thanks for the video. :bc:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
:c-n:

C2C , and Krom.... that tmotion adjuster would be nice a trail sled.
fresh snow in the morning run it loose, conditions change during the day, run it short.

I got a the Fox front adjuster on my XC 440, it works, but it doesn't give the travel to the front skid where you can really feel the difference between long and short. This adjuster, adjusts the shock, but not the limiter strap, where this Tmotion does. Thanks for the video. :bc:
idk how well Doo's system works or doesn't work but agree that the concept is excellent. when my skid is packed with snow/ice there's no way I'm going to get in there on the trail and try to change my limiter straps length. a simple cam system like theirs makes sense, loose or tight and you're done.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A Drain plug in the fuel tank would be nice .
Considering Sleds are stored 5+ months a year would make it nice and easy to remove all the fuel from the tank for storage.

·
Registered
839 Posts
A Drain plug in the fuel tank would be nice .
Considering Sleds are stored 5+ months a year would make it nice and easy to remove all the fuel from the tank for storage.
One of the best idea's in here. Siphoning fuel in some of the newer tanks is next to impossible. I wind up putting the best fuel I can find in there and just leave it but would drain if there was an easier way to do it.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts