Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
3 guys from the Thunder and Ice Club went out and put up signage today. They could have used help.

The also took the groomer out for a spin last week.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Maybe you should have posted the request for help before the guys went out?

·
Registered
146 Posts
some guys from northern trail blazers are goin out packing our trail around 68 1/2 and to kurbrats cabin on the way to ashern this wednesday, the more sleds the better the swamps really need packing this year

·
Registered
7 Posts
South Interlake Snoriders created an event.

Work Party
Saturday 9:30am at January 29th, 2011 9:30 AM Joe Thievin's, Hwy 236/82N
**** **** Note(s): Wood cutting and hauling to shack. Dress appropriately. Bring axes and chainsaws if you have them.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Our club bought a newer BR trail groomer and we have a deposit on our BR400. We hope to have the newer machine here from Colorado next week.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Almost mid October

Any work days clubs have planned yet? :ike:

Brushing? Trail re routes? Bridge building? etc

Trail re-route pending, awaiting legal contract from the municipality.
Bridge repair will happen soon. Don't know the date yet.
No brushing planned (have a brush bar on our drag).
We will be planning a wood cutting party at Longbottoms, but not until after frost.

We may also be planning a one-lunger 100 mile race near Beausejour. Tentative date is Feb. 4, 2012. Keep watching for details.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
even though i dont have a sled up here, i'm thinking about volounteering if i have time to clean up some of the trails or whatever around The Pas area. Would be a good way to get to know the area better and meet some people. Anyone know anyone in the club up here?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Bridge Repair

Repair date has been set for Sunday, Oct. 23. Work will include repair to the railings as well as moving each railing out approx. 4".We are also thinking of laying corduroy in the swamp hole immediately south of the bridge. You can get there by truck or quad. We'll be bringing all the lumber and supplies. An extra chain saw wouldn't hurt to help with the corduroy.I'll confirm the time later this week.Location is 1 mile west from the corner of roads 88 & 40.Dave

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Repair date has been set for Sunday, Oct. 23. Work will include repair to the railings as well as moving each railing out approx. 4".We are also thinking of laying corduroy in the swamp hole immediately south of the bridge. You can get there by truck or quad. We'll be bringing all the lumber and supplies. An extra chain saw wouldn't hurt to help with the corduroy.I'll confirm the time later this week.Location is 1 mile west from the corner of roads 88 & 40.Dave
This Sunday, Oct. 23rd at 10:00 am. Anyone is welcome to come out. Contact me for more info.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Nothing Saturday?

Got plans Sunday
Sorry. There will be more work to come.

Next Thursday our old groomer + parts machine is being picked up for delivery to the new owner. We could probably use a hand during the loading process, if anyone is available Thursday morning.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
39 posts in nearly 2 years (now 40). I think it's time this thread is removed as a sticky from the Manitoba forum.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts