Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is for people :fear: to post trail work days and events for snowmobile clubs in Manitoba

Also a place for people offer to help :) :motoneige:

Many clubs in Manitoba need help for certain projects, trail brushing, event volounteering ,by making this a sticky at the top of the forum anybody from Manitoba can see who needs help and when :shifty: and where...

I hope Club guys take advantage of this as IMO this is a great venue to get the word out

Post pics of work done too

:needpics:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Northern trail blazers are fixing up one of our "roys lake cabin" this saturday and sunday if needed, we are going to be taking out the non functional stone fireplace, putting wood slabs in between the logs ,fixing some insulation and taking wood, along with some other odds and ends. we have most of the materials and tools, just need some extra volunteers and maybe a couple sludge hammers. if you are free and feel like giving your time to help keep our cabin in good condition for the upcoming season just let me know.
-matt-

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Northern trail blazers are fixing up one of our "roys lake cabin" this saturday and sunday if needed, we are going to be taking out the non functional stone fireplace, putting wood slabs in between the logs ,fixing some insulation and taking wood, along with some other odds and ends. we have most of the materials and tools, just need some extra volunteers and maybe a couple sludge hammers. if you are free and feel like giving your time to help keep our cabin in good condition for the upcoming season just let me know.
-matt-[/b]
Matt, how do you want them to contact you?

(Please note the age of this future rider and poster. I'm sure he and his friends could use some help)

·
Registered
146 Posts
well we finished the cabin yesterday minus a few odds and ends that are being done today. we replaced the stove pipes re insulated the logs and put slabs in between the logs, filled it up with wood and cleaned up alot. we are also building another cabin to put at sleeve lake it is 24x16 i believe. going to be very nice once done, ill post pics of that project once it is done but here are some of our roys lake cabin. thanks everyone for your help and contributions great job.
-Matt-

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
well we finished the cabin yesterday minus a few odds and ends that are being done today. we replaced the stove pipes re insulated the logs and put slabs in between the logs, filled it up with wood and cleaned up alot. we are also building another cabin to put at sleeve lake it is 24x16 i believe. going to be very nice once done, ill post pics of that project once it is done but here are some of our roys lake cabin. thanks everyone for your help and contributions great job.
-Matt-[/b]
Looks good

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey The Northern Trail Blazers will be moving another cabin out to Sleeve Lake, between Fisher Branch and Ashern
in the next week or so.
It will be 24x16, wood stove windows and insulated some what.

We could use the help, contact Darryl 467-2843
Trail packing, blocking, building, putting on metal siding coming this friday Dec 19 2009
installing the wood stove, windows, etc.

Call if you can help
thanks
467-2843

·
Registered
773 Posts
-Matt-[/b]

Ahhhhh.......brings back memories of cards and beverages. Very nice warm up shelter!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey The Northern Trail Blazers will be moving another cabin out to Sleeve Lake, between Fisher Branch and Ashern
in the next week or so.
It will be 24x16, wood stove windows and insulated some what.

We could use the help, contact Darryl 467-2843
Trail packing, blocking, building, putting on metal siding coming this friday Dec 19 2009
installing the wood stove, windows, etc.

Call if you can help
thanks
467-2843[/b]
The cabin is complete and looks great sorry no pics yet but will be coming soon. We will be packing the trail tmrw and the move is planned for monday

·
Registered
773 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over two months since the last post and NO CLUBS need the help to maintain the trails. This was set up by a whiney person who was complaining that no one volunteered the time to help out on the trails. AND I KNOW from past experience from the clubs that I have been active with that there is always work to do on trails. I can't believe that the last post was the end of December with most of the posts ...including my previous...has been trivial.

Don't BITCH guys if there are no posts to inform the people.

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (YamaDoo07 @ Mar 3 2010, 10:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5241208
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over two months since the last post and NO CLUBS need the help to maintain the trails. This was set up by a whiney person who was complaining that no one volunteered the time to help out on the trails. AND I KNOW from past experience from the clubs that I have been active with that there is always work to do on trails. I can't believe that the last post was the end of December with most of the posts ...including my previous...has been trivial.

Don't BITCH guys if there are no posts to inform the people.[/b]
#1 never whined about no one helping

#2 this was set up to get the word out FOR clubs here in MB

#3 I agree only a couple of people took advantage of this and there is always work to be done

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Mar 3 2010, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5241299
#1 never whined about no one helping

#2 this was set up to get the word out FOR clubs here in MB

#3 I agree only a couple of people took advantage of this and there is always work to be done[/b]

We always have things we do but we also seem to get a decent turnout (20+ ppl most times during season) at meetings etc. so we just manage it that way. I guess we could post it up for general public to come out when we do things.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Freezerburnt also set it up not only as "trail work" posts but ALSO "events".

I take that to mean poker runs, suppers, meetings and any other "social" events/gatherings other than trail work.

For those that are fortunate enough to have volunteers who are there when you need them, I for one am jealous and in awe of that kind of volunteer performance. A tip of the hat to them all.

The "events" part of the topic is a good idea as the events would be easier to keep track of and one would not have to use a search engine all the time or forget about a social event one might be interested in.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had created a promotion a couple years ago. Presented it to Snoman who at the time declined to become involved. It's very simple I will supply a fire extinguisher to any club that wants one for their warm-up shack. All the club has to do is place a sign in the shack acknowledging that I donated it. A few clubs have since taken advantage of this as I meet people on the trails, and I know of one sled that was saved at the Inwood clubs' shack because an extinguisher was available. According to Snoman we lose 3-4 shacks every season due to fire. Anyone that is interested can PM me. I will still be around this fall (annoying many of you) when the season gets going this fall.

Attachments

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Nov 22 2009, 03:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4916888
This post is for people :fear: to post trail work days and events for snowmobile clubs in Manitoba

Also a place for people offer to help :) :motoneige:

Many clubs in Manitoba need help for certain projects, trail brushing, event volounteering ,by making this a sticky at the top of the forum anybody from Manitoba can see who needs help and when :shifty: and where...

I hope Club guys take advantage of this as IMO this is a great venue to get the word out

Post pics of work done too

:needpics:[/b]
That time of the yr :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
There was a club meeting in Hamiota today. I didn't attend, and don't know what the main topics were about.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's nice to know the clubs are all well equiped, and don't require any help this year!

·
Registered
7 Posts
South Interlake SnoRiders out of Stoney Mountain is having a Poker Derby on January 8th 2010.. Any donations or Help on the Event would be greatly appreciated. you can go to our face book "south Interlake Snoriders for the information or go to our web site and put in for the email... South Interlake SnoRiders Snowmobile Club & Trails Stonewall thanks hope all of you can come out and support us, and help us if and where we require it. Thanks

1 - 20 of 63 Posts