Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what, when, where, who, why?.....did I have to ask!!!!!!!!!!
whatz up out there boys!!!!!!!
enough of the 10 yr old type shit thats been on other manitoba posts, lets talk racing. we've got enough good people in Manitoba to carry 1 topic without the shit dont we.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Originally posted by W.F.O.@Sep 14 2005, 08:05 PM
what, when, where, who, why?.....did I have to ask!!!!!!!!!!
whatz up out there boys!!!!!!!
enough of the 10 yr old type shit thats been on other manitoba posts, lets talk racing. we've got enough good people in Manitoba to carry 1 topic without the shit dont we.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875357
[/quote]
Count me in. I will help in any way I can. :celebrating: :beerchug:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where do you ride and what do you ride?Come on down to Roblin and we will ditch bang and have a great ride..maybe even drink a few beers.Cheap hotel and nice(45 a night with 10 man hot tub).How old are ya..I agree..lets have some good old fashion adult sledding talk..who wants to Bullshit and talk slediin..this is the thread.
Dana
38 years old

·
Registered
397 Posts
All I heard was that the WOODLANDS race (snow and now the grass) may not happen anymore because they didn't make any $$
Seems to be less & less every year.

Anyone have a long flat field for some racin :help:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Originally posted by 11c@Sep 14 2005, 11:58 PM
All I heard was that the WOODLANDS race (snow and now the grass) may not happen anymore because they didn't make any $$
Seems to be less & less every year.

Anyone have a long flat field for some racin  :help:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875727
[/quote]
I've been told the same. No more at Woodlands and Portage will not happen this year as well. Woodlands problem last year was the date. It was Thanksgiving. A different date would have produced a better crowd. Then again they don't tech at Woodlands so it's a bit of a waste for honest racers.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Originally posted by Oh Canada@Sep 15 2005, 02:47 PM
Don't give up on Portage just yet.  I will know all the details tomorrow.
It is in the works!!  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=876440
[/quote]
Thats good to hear O/C. I was beginning to worry we would have to start the season off with out one. Post what you find out here.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hope you can get something together Kam, and you can count me in as a volunteer as well. But I still want to race :) I'll give you a call tonight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It isn't just the grass drags going by the wayside. Poker derbies in the R.M. of Rossburn are a thing of the past thanks to some new bylaws. Keep one eye out for oncoming traffic and the other eye on local politicians who don't want you in their area.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Okay, I still need more details but it looks like the grass drags are a go!!
They will be on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Just like last year.
They will be near Southport, by the big potatoe sheds. This is the location that was used 3 years ago and prior.

Stay tuned, more details to come!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by alexd@Sep 17 2005, 06:28 PM
It isn't just the grass drags going by the wayside.  Poker derbies in the R.M. of Rossburn are a thing of the past thanks to some new bylaws.  Keep one eye out for oncoming traffic and the other eye on local politicians who don't want you in their area.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879377
[/quote]

What happened with the derbies? What is the bylaw for?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris_Dave@Sep 18 2005, 10:28 AM
What happened with the derbies? What is the bylaw for?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880095
[/quote]

The R.M. is forcing anyone having a derby to have a couple million in liability insurance and post a cash bond to cover any damage caused by anyone on the trail. The liability insurance is a good idea but the cash bond thing is too much for any group that is looking to raise money. From what I have heard some of the councillors just don't like sleds and figure this is one way to keep a few more away.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by alexd@Sep 18 2005, 02:31 PM
The R.M. is forcing anyone having a derby to have a couple million in liability insurance and post a cash bond to cover any damage caused by anyone on the trail.  The liability insurance is a good idea but the cash bond thing is too much for any group that is looking to raise money.  From what I have heard some of the councillors just don't like sleds and figure this is one way to keep a few more away.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880417
[/quote]

If your club belongs to Snoman, you automatically have the liability coverage for snowmobile poker derbies. If you're a community club, etc... I guess you're out of luck

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
:div20: Kam you know I will be there to help....good news INDEED!

·
Registered
356 Posts
What day are the drags on Sat. or Sun.?Let me know Thanks! :beerchug: :flag_canada:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Fast Line Racing's annual Grass Drag in Portage La Prarie, Saturday Oct 15
I will be posting classes and more info soon, but there will be stock right up to open mod. Always a great race for racers and spectaters alike.

I got this off the local ATV site. Go figure. I believe Lukes Town Service in Elie is involved and can maybe answer some questions.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The posters have yet to be printed up. All the info and classes are being finalized.
I will post them as soon as I know.

Remember, this isnt at the same location as the last couple of years. It is back at the potatoe sheds near southport.....south of Portage.
This is where they were held for many year prior to the North of the Shell location.

Snoxer, I am trying to get a 120 class in there!!
:beerchug:

Originally posted by cdnzr800@Sep 27 2005, 03:16 PM
Fast Line Racing's annual Grass Drag in Portage La Prarie, Saturday Oct 15
I will be posting classes and more info soon, but there will be stock right up to open mod. Always a great race for racers and spectaters alike.

I got this off the local ATV site.  Go figure.  I believe Lukes Town Service in Elie is involved and can maybe answer some questions.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=895710
[/quote]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts